The Legend of Zelda: Everlasting (2nd book in the Timeless series)

Princess Zelda of Hyrule ran her fingers slowly over the smooth silk, smiling to herself. The room was quiet, for the moment. The soft brunnette waves of her freshly done hair cascaded down her back. She looked up into the mirror.

They had done a wonderful job on her. Her makeup perfectly complimented her bright blue eyes, and her natural bronze highlights stood out in her beautifuly-curled hair. Her headpiece was replaced by a small and gorgeous tiara on her forehead, proving her to be the heir to the throne,

"My lady? Are you ready for me?" A young girl, Maciae, peeked around the door. Zelda looked up at her reflection and nodded, smiling. The maid entered the room quickly and quietly, walking over to the dress Zelda had just been admiring, "An excellent choice, if I may say so," The girl commented as she took it off the hanger.

It didn't take long before Zelda stood in the dress. She smiled and felt the girl pin something on her head, right behind the tiara. Maciae curtsied before leaving the room quietly.

She took a deep breath. This was really happening.

The guard came around in what seemed like little time,

"We are ready for you, majesty," He said, holding out his hand and smiling at her,

"Thank you for agreeing to this, Sarth," She said, walking gracefully to him and laying her hand in his,

"Of course, Majesty. It is my honor," He led her out of the room.

~~

Zelda stood, nervous, on the other side of the double doors. She had requested the location to be in her garden, a beautiful place where she had spent most of her childhood.

Before she knew it, a horn sounded on the other side of the doors. The chatter from in the garden quieted. She took a deep breath.

A beautiful and elegant tune began playing softly. It was her lullaby, she realized, changed in a way that made it more lovely,

"Don't be nervous, Majesty," Sarth said soothingly, smiling at her. She nodded.

The doors opened in front of her.

Her garden was glowing softly in the evening air. Everything about it screamed magnificent. She gasped softly, taken in by the beauty.

But her eyes didn't remain there long. She looked over the many people seated on either side of where she walked, smiling warmly at everyone. Then, she looked, still nervously, to the person she really wanted to see.

And there he was.

His eyes were on hers as he smiled at her. He was as gorgeous as ever, perhaps more in his black tux. His dirty blonde hair was unkept, as always. Nobody could tame it. Instead of his green cap, a golden crown sat atop his head, unlike him, but also charming. His cool blue eyes stared lovingly at her.

Link.

All her nervousness disappeared. Everything else in Hyrule disappeared. It was just them. As it would always be now.

Sarth led her up the short isle before placing her hand in Link's, who gave it a gentle squeeze,

"I love you," he whispered, and Zelda smiled,

"I love you too," He returned the smile before they both looked towards the minister.

"Friends, we have joined here today to share with Princess Zelda and Sir Link an important moment in their lives. In their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one," The minister looked to Link, "If you will repeat after me," He spoke the words, and Link repeated them, staring into her eyes,

"I Link, take you Zelda to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live,"

The minister then looked at her,

"If you will repeat after me," Hers were slightly different, but she repeated them immediately, smiling at Link,

" I, Zelda, take you, Link, to be my husband, my friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live,"

A small boy stepped forward, holding a pillow with two gold hoops laying on it. Link took the slimmer of the two, her beautiful earring, and looked back at her,

"I Link give you Zelda this gift as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." He said as he put the hoop on her effortlessly. He kissed her cheek quickly and smirked as he leaned back. She chuckled before taking his,

"I Zelda give you Link this gift as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." She repeated, putting his on. They boy stepped away,

"By the power vested in me by the land of Hyrule, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," Link winked at her before pulling her to him. He kissed her like he had never kissed her before. She immediately forgot about all of the people watching them, and pulled him closer.

Someone in the crowd cleared their throat, uncomfortable now. Zelda pulled away, embarrassed. Link seemed unfazed, smiling.

The crowd then bursted into applause. Zelda smiled and waved to many of them as Link led her back down the isle and through the double doors, smiling broadly the entire way.