Chapter 1

Evangeline was helping out in the kitchen with Mrs Wesley

Evangeline was helping out in the kitchen with Mrs Wesley. Mrs Wesley, the caretaker of her house, was loud but a motherly woman, who was quite particular with keeping the house in perfect order. While washing the dishes, Evangeline's eyes wandered off to window view in front of her, her dreamily eyes closed for a moment.

"Evangeline, dearie! Would you please stop dreaming all by yourself?" Mrs Wesley cried.

"Of course, Mrs Wesley. Could I be excused for a while? I'm awfully exhausted. Could I go to get some fresh air?" Evangeline asked. Mrs Wesley narrowed her eyes in suspicion, but she softened and cracked into a smile.

"Oh, sweet child. Yes, you may," Mrs Wesley said. She looked at the girl, smiling at her innocence.

Evangeline opened the kitchen door, wiping her hands clean from her apron. She stepped outside, into a beautiful world.

The sloppy plains, grass lush green in colour. The skies, blue, with white clouds. Flowers in the meadows, on the grass. And there in the middle of that, a twenty-year-old beautiful maiden, walking to the woods. Her face, fairly bright. Her hair, jet black. Her eyes of a hazelnut colour. Evangeline was a girl you would have ought to have thought that young gentlemen would be rushing over to get her. Especially with her sweet, innocent personality.

At least that's what you would have thought, but she was someone terribly rejected from the nearest town from her home.

Evangeline was a girl who wandered off in the woods for a walk quite often, she was a dreamer. On the walk, she noticed the flowers, their colours, recalling their names she had read from a book from the town's library. She reached the 'daddy oak tree' as she called it. She settled at the bottom of a tree, at her usual spot which almost looked like a seat made by Mother Nature for her. She picked a few flowers from under the tree, weaving them up into a crown.

Suddenly, her eyes caught something shiny. She looked up to see a beautiful flower. Trying to think about what flower it was, it seemed impossible for her to guess. It was simply something she had never seen.

It was dark red that it almost looked black. But it was indeed, incredible 

"This is simply something out of this world," she cried in excitement. She picked up her dress and rushed to the flower, which was growing under a pine tree at a distance. She noticed its beauty, its colour, it's shaped. She carefully picked it, mesmerised by its alluring nature. With this, she slowly walked on the path back home.

She got home and fetched a vase from the kitchen and took it to her room

She got home and fetched a vase from the kitchen and took it to her room. Carefully placing the flower in it, she was so allured, as if it were pulling her soul every second she looked at it.

"It's so fascinating. . ." she whispered. " I wish, I wish. . ." and she stopped, closed her eyes, wishing up to stars, "I wish I could see how it would look if it were a living person, as a human. How beautiful would that human be, I couldn't possibly live to see it. He would have been the prettiest person in this town, every girl would be looking up to have the chance to gossip with him. He would have been invited to every ball held in this little piece of the world."

Little did Evangeline know, that Zeus just happened to snoop her very conversation with her self, from heavens.

"Oh Evangie, you have no idea, love. He is. . . ugh. . . just one of the most bratty, snotty person I have ever seen," Zeus paused as he leaned on more. Evangeline's face didn't even seem to care the slightest, she was dreaming so deeply, not having the slightest clue about her surroundings.
"Oh, love. Please, don't make me do this." He closed his eyes hard on this one, his hand waving. the lightning bolt. "K, now don't you blame me for the future, hun." And poof.

*Nothing happens*

"Oh-kay. Why didn't it work?"

"Because she needs to leave first," Athena snapped from the nearby chair and went back to reading her book.

"Oh. . ."

Down on earth, Mrs Weasly restlessly shouted for Evangeline. She left her room, taking one last glance of the flower.

 She left her room, taking one last glance of the flower