Part 6

----------*flash back*

"We want you to be happy, my dear Octavia."

"All we want you to do is to keep smiling and make us proud!"

Octavia shot up from her bed, cold sweat dripping down from her forehead as she tried to catch her breath with large gasps of air. Her bright purple eyes scanned her surroundings. Noticing the familiar blue walls of her room, her eyes slowly went back to the blanket covering her two backhooves as she tried to gather her thoughts.

After a minute of silence, cries started to resonate through the walls of her room and warm tears started to flow down her cheeks. Bringing her backhooves up to her chest, she hugged them tightly with her forehooves. The cries soon turned into loud sobs and the tears started to flow like a waterfall as the grey mare dug her face deep into her lap.

----------*out of flash back*

"The thought of disappointment clouded my memory of what exactly they wanted me to be. Happy. And I wasn't. Sure I was famous to an extent, playing at the most formal and popular events in Equestria, but I wasn't happy, not in the slightest. It took me years to realize that and after I did, I left Cantelot and came to Ponyville. Hoping to start with a clean slate, to truly be happy."

"So that's the real reason you came to Ponyville." Vinyl eyes widened at the revelation.

"Yes. However, when I arrived, I was once again lost on what to do and where to go. I felt like a filly, lost on the streets of Manehatten again. Except this time, I had my cello to remind me of my purpose in life. Ironically, it took a shy yellow mare to see what made me happy." Octavia took another sip from her cup.

"Making friends. When Fluttershy and I were laughing a few hours ago, I realized how joyful I was. The only other time I felt the same was when I first played my cello in that empty store. It made me realize how much of my life I had wasted, trying to do my parents proud when all I had to do was accept the people that cared for me and not push them away. Like you, Vinyl." Vinyl stared blankly at Octavia, confused on why she would say something like that.

""After we graduated from the academy, I acted as if," Octavia gulped, "as if I never met you, even though you treated me as such a good, no, more than a friend."

----------flash back

"Woo-hoo! Congrats guys!" Vinyl shouted out, dressed in a black robe with a large square cap on her head. "We did it! We survived three years of academy hell!" She continued to shout to the small group of ponies in front of her. "Ain't that right Octy?" Her smile quickly started to disappear when she noticed the earth pony was missing from the group. "Octy?" Vinyl turned her attention to the ponies that were busy chattering away with smiles on their faces.

"Hey guys. You've seen Octy?" Vinyl asked with her huge magenta eyes.

"Umm, no Vin. Can't say I have." A brown pony replied. Vinyl tossed the hat on her head away, rushing towards the only place Octavia could be at.

The blue-maned pony charged down the hallway, stopping in front of a white door with a small metal plate etched with the letters '35-A'. Bursting through the door, she felt her knees grow weak as her eyes saw what was once Octavia's bed and desk, now cleaned and empty as if nopony had ever been there.

"Octy…" Vinyl mumbled to herself, a tear flowing down her cheek.

----------*out of flash back*

"After we graduated from the academy, I acted as if I never met you, even though you were my friend. I figured friends only acted as a nuisance and a colossal waste of time and, as such; I'd chosen to go through my life without any, trying to forget that I met you as soon as I could. It was a selfish and short-sighted choice and I am truly sorry for what I did." A long pause ensued as neither of the two mares dared to mutter a word. Taking in a deep breath, Octavia finally asked, "Will you forgive me Vinyl?"