Chapter 7

I woke up around nine and went downstairs to make myself breakfast. It was a beautiful sunny day in New York and I couldn't wait to see what the day brings me. I usually open the salon around ten, so I need to hurry up and get ready. Faith loves to sleep in over her alarm and never wakes up on time.

Thirty minutes later I was out the door and making my way to the salon. I decided to walk today since I was running late and you can walk faster in New York than getting a cab or driving your car. The salon was about twenty minutes away and if I got a cab I would get there in forty minutes.

While I was walking people that I did hair for would stop me. They would say how they love their hair and others would say I will be stopping in later on today.

I walked up to the salon and unlocked the door. I still had ten minutes before I had to turn on the open sign. I sat at the desk and read a magazine when I heard pounding on the door. I looked up and saw it was Faith.

"Do you always have to scare me like that?" I said as I opened up the door for her.

"It's funny to see the look on your face." She walked passed me and started to read the magazine I was reading twenty seconds ago. "So have you heard from Garrett?"

"We forgot to exchange numbers and I don't know if he will contact me. He literally is a God. He probably has fifty girls lined up to go on a date with." I sat next to her after I turned on the sign.

"Stop putting yourself down. You are gorgeous and if Garrett can't see that then he isn't worth it." She put down the magazine and turned towards me. "You never know, he could walk through that door in any second and request your hand in marriage." She joked and looked towards the door. Some older woman walked in and we started to giggle, "Or maybe a woman."

I ignored her before I started to laugh and walked up to the woman. "Hi, how may I help you?" She looked about fifty and was starting to grey, but she still looked beautiful.

"I want to dye my hair to get rid of the grey. Do you request any color that would hide it the most?" I thought about it and looked her over. She had pale skin and needs a color that will hide grey hair the most.

"I think a sandy blonde will hide it and fit your skin tone."

"I'm a brunette though," she looked hesitant.

"I think it will fit you. You just would have to come in to get your roots filled when they start growing out a lot. Here we have wigs that you can try on to see if you would like it." I walked to the back and grabbed the wig out of a new bag.

She tried it on and looked in the mirror. I watched her play with it for a little then she turned to me.

"Well my husband did say I should try something different. Let's do it." I led her to one of the salon's chairs and went to the back to get what I needed. I got to work on her hair. I applied the dye in her hair and when I was done I clipped it so it wouldn't get all over her skin. I set a timer for fifteen minutes and went back to the front to get another customer ready for their hair.

In the middle of doing a younger woman's hair I heard the timer go off. I asked Faith if she could finish cutting this lady's hair while I go wash the older woman's hair. In the middle of washing her hair the older woman asked me, "Are you married?"

"No, ma'am. How long have you and your husband been married?"

"Twenty-five years," she said with a smile. I could tell she was still deeply in love with her husband and I hope I will some day find love like that. I started to think about Garrett and couldn't help the smile. "What's his name?" The older woman asked.

"What?" I asked.

"The guy you're thinking about. I always get that look in my eyes when I think of Jack. He is still the most handsome man I have ever seen. By the way my name is Lindsey," she stuck up her hand to shake mine.

"The guy's name is Garrett," Faith said next to me while doing someone's hair. "Doesn't she look love struck? Their first date was yesterday," She said with a playful smile on her face.

"That's Faith. My best friend sometimes," I joked. "And I'm Chloe."

"She loves me," Faith bumped my shoulder and then got back to work on her customer.

"What's Garrett like?" Lindsey asked.

"He's very handsome and a firefighter. Very muscular, curly brown hair, and has style. We always had something to talk about during the date. I've never felt anything like it. When he held my hand there were sparks and the kiss was magical." I thought about the date all over again for about the hundredth time.

"Awe she's thinking about him," both Faith and Lindsey said. They looked at each other and laughed. I started to blush as I started to blow dry Lindsey's hair. Faith was checking her customer out when the door chimed telling us another customer walked in.

I continued drying Lindsey's hair when I heard Faith say, "Chloe you have someone here for you."

"They will have to wait till I'm done. Set them up in a chair and I'll be with them soon," I answered.

"Okay, I'll wait." I heard a deep voice behind me.

I looked up in the mirror and couldn't believe who was here, "Garrett?"