Introduction

The soul of light was one of the first creations, two halves of one whole, together with the dark. Prior to the creation of life on earth, the soul of light was embodied by Lucifer – the bearer of light. When the shattering of souls took place, the original light and dark souls were banished into the emptiness due to their insatiable lust for power and control. When the rest of the shattered souls were given new life in the human race on earth, new light and dark souls were created, but this time they were made with perfect grace. For this reason, these souls were charged to protect the shattered souls in this new existence. Fearing the power born to them, the pure souls pleaded for help on earth in protecting the shattered souls against the evils of the emptiness. In return, the light and dark were given three gifts: First, they were given four elemental souls as their safeguard, the only weapon against the emptiness, created from the composition of the earth itself. Second, they were given the Materia Prima, a substance composed from the energy itself, that would help them in this new life in the ongoing battle they faced. Finally, the souls were given guardians to look after and guide them as they moved from one life to the next, and if they were separated by the evils of the emptiness, they were given the ability to carry over their memories – they were given Reminiscence.