1| The Twins

Cover above by: Dragon_Princess2
Word Count: 1,694
Song above: Hurts Like Hell by Fleurie
Finished: February 9th, 2018, at 9:17 am
Edited: October 6th, 2018, at 11:47 am

Desiree's POV

      Can you remember the last time you said goodbye to someone? Whether it be a loved one, or a friend. Maybe even a stranger...

    But when was the last time you said goodbye?

   Did you ever think of what the goodbye meant? Did you ever think when you would see that certain person again?

    We usually no longer think of that goodbye, a real goodbye is said when you know that you'll see that person again...

   ...But what do you say to someone you know you'll never see again?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

     "Goodbye, My sweet mother." My aunt spoke to the casket. She gave a small kiss to her forehead and left for the exit. I was next in line, what do you say to someone you know you'll never see again...?

    I was at a loss, so I kissed her forehead before my cheeks flushed red, and I left after my aunt, whom I had been taking care of when my grandmother passed away. My aunt, Drasa, had been so upset about it, she said they had been very close to each other when she was younger. I had never been that close to her, she was, let's say, a little mentally abusing. She said things that no normal person would want to hear on a daily bases...

   I could see my aunt in the distance, standing near my truck, along with what looked to be Emily, and her twin sister Hana. The Grace's has long been known among the people of New York, which was a hard thing to achieve. Though the sisters had kept the good fight and made it to the top, surprisingly never leaving me behind. Drasa was trying to keep herself from crying as I helped her into the passenger side of my truck before moving back around to the drivers side to talk to the twins.

    "She's getting worse, isn't she?" Emily's high pitch, airy voice sounded out to me, and it took me out of my worry for my aunt at the moment.

    "Yeah," I began as I looked back into the truck at my aunt as she wiped her nose with a tissue, "her cancer has spread to her brain. You know, in a way, I wish she would've gone before grandma... grandma didn't know anyone before she died, from her dementia. She sometimes didn't even remember what her name is..." I smiled sadly, and Emily nodded as  I noticed Hana tried to keep herself behind her sister.

     It was sad how shy Hana was around Emily. She hardly ever spoke; I guess she was afraid of making Emily angry. I have to say, she was a whole lot better looking that Emily, and she had many more skills then Emily as well. She looked up to Emily though, and, in a way, and she never really ventured on her own unless it was with me.

    "I definitely understand that. Our Stepmom started getting dementia before she passed away as well. Grandma was getting pretty violent before she passed, wasn't she?" I nodded at Hana's quiet question, looking in the truck again to make sure Drasa was okay. The Grace family and I had always been close, meaning their aunt was my aunt and my grandma was their grandma.