Special Education

"Hey, look who decided to call his friends!"

            "That's one of the reasons I don't call you more often, Wes."

            "Sure. Because Kurt would never treat you like this..."

            The thing about best friends is that they are the ones who know exactly how to piss you off. However, Blaine needed Wes to do him a favor and he couldn't afford to get angry at him:

            "Come on, cut it out. I'm actually calling because I need you to do me a favor..."

            Wes laughed:

            "And that's why you called. Lucky you, Blaine-boy, that I am a good friend and I'm willing to help you. Shoot."

            "I need you to audition a new Warbler."

            "What? Blaine, we are too close to the sectionals to let anyone in right now. You know that."

            "I know; that's why I need you. This guy has a very special voice; he would be a great addition to the Warblers. You won't regret it."

            "Who is this guy? Why haven't he auditioned when the term began like everyone else?"

            "Well... he just transferred. Monday will be his first day..."

            "Blaine?"

            "Yes?"

            "Is it Kurt?"

            Blaine was happy that Wes couldn't see him now; he was sure his friend would never let go of the fact that Blaine was blushing:

            "Yes."

            Wes laughed really loudly and Blaine was preparing for the worse. However, Wes answer surprised him:

            "Consider it done. He doesn't even need to audition. You showed me videos of him singing and the boy really is a power house. You can guide him to rehearsal, right?"

            Blaine could barely believe his ears:

            "Wes?"

            "Yes?"

            "Thank you."

            "That's what friends are for, mate."

            Blaine was surely excited about Kurt transferring to Dalton, but he was also a little afraid of how this coexistence would work out. Not that he hid anything at Dalton, but he surely toned down his personality a lot. With Kurt, he could be whoever he was; with the Warblers the things were different. He was never bullied, but he didn't want to make anyone uncomfortable. Besides, being a Warbler was all about blending in: it was all about being part of a group, not over shining anyone. They were a unit; not combined pieces, but a whole.

*

            Kurt had a little trouble driving home with a canary in his back seat. He kept worrying that the cage would fall or that the bird would be hurt in a turn. But that wasn't the real problem; the problem was he had too much to distract his mind and now taking care of a bird was just one more thing to worry him. It was vital that this bird would be in its most perfect health; Kurt didn't want to do anything else to upset the Warblers.

            Blaine had just told Kurt to show up at the Warblers' practice because he was already in. Kurt didn't know how the auditioning process of the Warblers worked and he just found strange when a boy said that he must be very special to be accepted without even a hearing.