Overnight

Newts p.o.v

Thunder shook the floor of my apartment, making me jump. I started shaking as the loud boom sounded throughout my bedroom. Tears threatened to spill from my eyes but I forced them back, not wanting to cry over a stupid storm. Just then another loud boom creaked in the sky. I buried my head under my pillow breathing heavily.

I rolled over grabbing my phone and calling my boyfriend, Thomas. On the third ring he picked up, the sound of his voice already calming my nerves.

"Hey Newtie, what's up?" He asked sweetly. I took a deep breath in and sat up.

"T-Tommy-" I was cut off by the thunder again. I whimpered and tears flew out of my eyes. "Come over, p-please." I begged through the phone.

"I'm on my way baby. I'll be there in five." Thomas's voice was calm and it helped me settle a little. I hung up the call and waited for him to arrive.

As I walked into the living room the glass doors for the balcony shuddered sending loud noises around the room. I ran to the couch and sat down with my head in my hands waiting for Thomas. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and I ran to unlock it.

Thomas stood there seeming worried, he looked me up and down. I ran into his arms and started crying. Thomas picked me up and carried me to the couch. My head rested in his lap as he ran his fingers through my hair. Every time another boom would come I would wince, Thomas would squeeze my hand letting me know that it was okay.

"I should've come as soon as I heard a storm was coming, I know you hate them." Thomas whispered sympathetically. I just gave him a small smile feeling my self growing tired. I barely even noticed the storm anymore as I rested in his arms.

I felt Thomas pick me up and carry me to my room. He laid me down on the bed and laid across from me. As he kissed my forehead my mind drifted into a comfortable sleep.

————

I woke up and immediately noticed that Thomas was gone. As I sat up I saw the time, 3:20am. I got up and started to look for Thomas. The living room and kitchen were empty but the doors to the balcony were wide open.

Walking out there I noticed that the storm had calmed down and now there was light rain coming down. I stopped just before my foot stepped on the balcony, leaning against one of the doors. Thomas sat on the very edge of the roof, looking out into the city. I became very nervous recalling some past events and yelled out to him.

"Tommy?" I asked my voice wavering. He looked over his shoulder at me. His legs were dangling over the edge making me tremble. "What are you doing! Please come back here!"

"Newt, I'm just looking at the sky." Thomas replied turning around innocently. I became even more nervous as he was very close to the edge.

"I don't care, it's really dangerous! Please come back inside!" I raised my voice even though it still trembled. Thomas looked at me confused and started to walk over towards me. As he got closer I looked down.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked taking my hands. I felt bad for snapping at Thomas, I've never done it before. My hands shook as he held them.

"No." I whispered. Thomas squeezed my hands pulling my chin up to look at him. A few tears slipped from my eyes as I gazed into his.

"What's wrong?" He asked stroking my hand with his thumb. Memories flashed before my eyes making me more upset as we stood there.

"I-I don't want to t-talk about it." I whispered my voice creaking. Thomas started to pull me gently towards the edge. My eyes widened in fear as I let him pull me closer.

"T-Tommy...w-what are you doing?" I asked gripping into his arm. He didn't respond but pulled me to sit in his lap. His arms wrapped around my waist and my legs dangled off the edge. My breathing quickened and I became nervous.

My body trembled in Thomas's arms. He noticed and started softly kissing the back of my neck and shoulders. I relaxed slightly trying to calm my nerves.

"Are you okay?" Thomas whispered into my ears. I shivered as he kissed under my ear.

"n-no." I breathed out. A few tears slipped from my eyes and onto Thomas's arms. His face rested on my shoulder.

"What happened?" He asked lightly. I sighed knowing that I should tell him. We have only been dating a couple of months and I could never find the right time to tell him.

"I tried to kill myself." I whispered. I could feel Thomas tense up and his grip around me tightened. When he stayed silent I knew I should continue.

"My home life was bad so I moved into this apartment. I couldn't stand being alone, I felt empty. So I came out here one night and jumped right off this balcony. Of course I landed on the fire escape a few levels down, and now i'm stuck with a bloody limp."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. But eventually Thomas spoke up breaking the silence.

"Maybe you should stop thinking about that memory...and we can create a new one." He suggested trying to lighten the mood. I smiled and shifted a little in his arms.

"Like what?" I asked turning in his lap so my legs wrapped round his waist and my arms around his shoulders. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, supporting me so I wouldn't fall. His eyes glistened as he pulled me closer to him. Our lips met and we shared a long passionate kiss. My hands went into his hair and he pulled me even closer. We laid back onto the concrete balcony. The heated make-out session lasted a couple minutes until we both broke apart.

Our chests were falling up and down rapidly as we tried to catch our breath. I laid beside Thomas, my head on his chest. One of my arms was placed on his chest and his arm was draped across my waist.

"I love you, Newton Issacs." Thomas whispered, surprising me. That was the first time Thomas had ever said that to me. I smiled wide and sat up giving him a quick kiss on the lips.

"I love you too, Thomas Edison." He smiled and we shared another loving kiss. This time it was slow and meaningful, replacing all the bad memories on this balcony with ones full of love.