Damien, a thought in the dark

(Damien's pov)
Damien smiled at (y/n) one last time before he shut the door. It gave a quiet click as it latched. He glanced around the room and breathed in softly. The room was a dark gray, and a window was opposite to the door where he was currently standing. The curtains were a nice white, and a chair sat in front of it. It was a white bergere that had a dark gray pillow and white spiral designs sitting on it. The bed sat in between that window and another that matched, the only difference being there was a small bedside table and not a chair in front of the window. Right of the chair, Damien noticed the white dressers (y/n) had been desperately shuffling through trying to find the pajamas that he was currently wearing. Damien flicked off the light, and a soft yellow light shone through the window from a street lamp out front. He walked over to the window, and shut the curtains, dampening the light. Sitting on the bed he put his legs under the covers and half laid down. Damien took off his glasses and set them on the bedside table before scrolling through his phone, frowning when he saw he had an unread text message. It was his roommate, Adam. (Probably definitely not his roommate's name but oh well it is now).

Adam: Dude wth where are you?
Damien: You were getting home too late and my car broke down. I left my keys and everything in it when it was towed, not on purpose of course. I had (y/n) drive out and pick me up.
Adam: Are you swooning over her or something
Damien: No. she was the only person who actually answered.
Adam: What time did you get to the house
Damien: around when you texted the first time.
Adam: What when I said I was only 30 minutes away? Dude wth
Damien: It was raining and I was soaked.
Adam: Why didn't you just go in through one of the windows?
Damien: Because I actually lock the windows!
Adam: Ohhh, see? I told you leaving at least one window unlocked comes in handy. But no, somebody was too worried about robbers!!!

Damien frowned, ran his fingers through his hair,  and placed his phone on the bedside table. Truth is he knew he wouldn't have minded waiting for Adam for another 30 minutes, but he also knew (y/n) would refuse to leave him out in the pouring rain so he had decided why not just do what he knew she would suggest? 

He took in a deep breath and gave a long exhale. A small unintentional smile was brought to his face when he recognized the sweet smell as (y/n)'s.
"She didn't have to come all that way to pick me up, given I know it's only about a  20-minute drive but still... It's not like we're terribly close friends."  Damien thought rolling over and pulling the covers up. Then again, he also knew that she was too nice to leave him stranded. Maybe that's why she was the second one he had called. Maybe it was another reason, one he didn't want to admit to himself quite yet. He tried to call Shayne first, but a pang of guilt sprung up in his chest when Damien thought of Shayne. After all, Shayne and (y/n) were pretty close, almost as close as Mari and (y/n) were. They'd known each other for quite a while considering (y/n) worked on the set of iCarly when Shayne made an appearance on the show. Damien also knew that Shayne liked her, quite a bit. Though I knew Shayne was nice enough to understand the situation and circumstances if he'd known the whole truth he'd be a bit hurt. Damien stared at the ceiling, a knot of anxiety in his stomach.

"I should probably tell him tomorrow, or maybe I should just wait this one out... No, It'll come up in a story in a video sometime and he'd be mad that I didn't tell him. Though they aren't dating he does like her so it'd be rude of me as his best friend not to tell him..." Damien closed his eyes and let himself relax. 

"Maybe (y/n) could..." he and his thoughts drifted away as sleep engulfed Damien. He had never slept so quickly or so well, nor did he finish what he was thinking.

-

-

End of chapter.

As usual, here are the questions:

How was this chapter?

Should I do a few more Damien pov's?

Was this one too short?

Was the chapter too slow?

Did I have too many or too little details?

If I messed up or changed around tenses I'm sorry, this was originally written in first person pov before I decided that it didn't fit with my writing style or flow of the story. This was also a very awkward chapter for me to write as I didn't know how to show Damien's thoughts without it being one big long italicized pagraph in quotations, so is it good the way it is? If not do any of you have tips that can help me? Thanks!!

As always, Thank you so much for reading!!