twenty-eight

(kaycees POV)
"trust me brooklyn you aren't going to die. i promise with all my heart" i told him
"you don't know that for sure" he seemed terrified.
"trust me i am sure" i pulled him into a hug and gave him a peck on the cheek. "please trust me in this"
he nodded half heartedly.

(brooks POV)
i want to be with her forever. and ever. i never want to let go.

(kaycee POV)
brooklyn grabbed my hand and lead me out the flat and he kept walking with a small smile spread across his face. he picked up the pace and we ended up running, i don't know where to but i knew we were running. i started to run out of breathe to he picked me up and carried me on his back whilst we were in hysterics. we came to a stop when we reached the field where we had our first date. fairy lights hung around the branches, a new picnic blanket was lay on the floor with a champagne bottle with 2 glasses. there were cushions laid all around and a projector had been hung between two trees. it was hella romantic.
"why are we here brooklyn" my eyes filled with happiness and he acted so cute.
"you'll find out beautiful" he smirked. he took my hand as i sat down on the many cushions and we snuggled into eachother. a video started playing on the screen. it was brooklyn, a happy brooklyn. a montage of him and us whilst we've been together, the things we've done together. then the screen cut to a black screen and a more present brooklyn appeared.
"kaycee, to start this off i love you with all my heart and never forget that" i awed at his words. "i made this as soon as i found out, and if you're watching this you now know. i'm not going in to detail but i'm dying of a heart disease and i want you to know i'm never going to leave you if i'm in flesh or in spirit" my eyes were watering and i held his hand tighter.
"we've had the best time together so far and i wish we could make more memories for years. but now it's reality and i only have a few months left, if that. it's so sudden and so is this... but kaycee" the video stopped playing and i was so concentrated in the video that when i looked to my side i was in utter shock.

there he was.

on one knee.

"kaycee i know i'm going to leave you soon but i really want to make you mine. for these few months. will you marry me?" i froze. i didn't know what to say. if i said yes it'd make it so much harder for him when we parted. if i said no it'd break his heart...