A Heart-To-Heart Between A Husband and Wife

Ok, you guys still with me? Cause this is about to get emotional and a little steamy. So get yourself some tissues and ice cream for this heartwarming chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Hallway***

After about 30 minutes of thinking, Peter had gone back down t his floor in hopes that he could half a good heart-to-heart chat with Ava like he did on the island. He walked up to the door and knocked.

"Go away," He heard Ava say on the other side.

"Ava, can we please talk?" Peter asked sincerely.

"No, I just wanna be left alone."

"Ava, please, give me a chance to talk, we're a team. And we're supposed to talk to each other. Please?"

There was a small amount of silence before Ava opened the door a little because of the door chain which revealed only half of her face.

She leaned against the doorway so that she could look at him and so he could see her. "You have two minutes, fill'em with words, and make 'em convincing."

Peter let out a sigh of relief. He was glad that she was giving him a chance to explain.

"[sigh] Ok. I'm sorry for what happened. I know what happened last night wasn't intentional, or maybe it was. I don't know, but my point is... I don't regret it."

Ava scrunched her eyebrows at this. What was he talking about, why wouldn't he regret it? She did, well, not entirely...

"I made a promise to your Dad that I would look after you. With his dying breath, he made me promise it to him again. Now I know you don't think you need anyone to look after you, but I also know that you don't wanna be alone. I know this because......neither do I. We both told each other that we would have each other's back, the way I see it, this is just another way to do that. And if you let me, I'll be with you the whole time and never leave or hurt you. And that's another promise I intend to keep."

Ava had begun to shed a few tears, he was serious about this, about her. She let out a sigh and closed the door. Peter was shocked at this. He tried to be as sincere as he could be, but it must not have been enough.

He turned to walk away until *rattle, click*.

Peter heard the door chain rattle and saw the knob turn. The door opened to reveal tear tracks on the Latina's face. She ran into Peter's arms to which he hugged her back. They slowly them into the room and Peter closed the door with his foot.

He led them back to the bed and tried to pick Ava up bridal style. When she didn't object, Peter picked her up and placed her down.

"Do you want me to go?" He asked.

Ava shook her head. "No, Peter, hang on." She scooched over and patted the space next to her signifying that she wanted him to lay next to her.

Peter smiled and hopped on the bed right next to Ava. She cuddled into him to which he had put his arm around her waist. This was nice, this must've come with the territory of being a husband. Even if he wasn't, he didn't care, and neither did she.

"Hey, Ava?"

"Yeah, Peter?"

"You wanna hang out today?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" She replied confusingly.

"Well we are in Vegas," Peter stated, "There's a pool outside, we can watch some TV, and we can have dinner on the roof and watch the sunset. What do ya say?"