The Three Races

Once upon a time, there were three races who lived together in peace. Monsters, humans, and vampires, vampires could be either monster or human. They were common ground in a way for the other two races. 

Vampires were respected, they were mainly kind, and many felt guilt for the very fact that they had to take blood from others just to survive. Vampires are strong physically and magically, more powerful than the average human or monster. Though they of course had their weaknesses, the sun being one, garlic, or even their own hunger.

Vampires needed to feed in order to keep control of themselves, and to keep others from harm. The other two races were understanding of this, and offered their own blood so the vampires would have to just take. 

Although there was one foolish vampire, they thought that if they just didn't feed no one would have to make a sacrifice for them. Oh how wrong they were. They became so hungry that they lost control and drained another of every last drop of their crimson blood, the same blood of a human.

They felt incredibly guilty, this was the exact opposite of what they wanted to happen.This vampire was killed immediately, and the humans and monsters fearing the third race decided to wipe them out. The vampires put up a fight defending their families and children, but they were no match for so many humans and monsters working together. Dust and corpses littered the land, showing the supposed end of vampires... But no one knew of the lone vampire who retreated and escaped under a mountain, Mount Ebott.

The two races believed the vampires were extinct now, though the humans continued to panic in fear. What is the monsters decided to kill them and absorb their souls?! This was something they had learned monsters could do, monsters becoming stronger terrified the humans. The humans who doubted their own strength, waged a war on the monsters. Seeing them as the most apparent threat, even though they meant no harm.

The war was hard fought on both sides, nut it was over quickly, humans had few deaths on their side, while monsters suffered heavy casualties, monster souls were no match for human souls, especially the most determined ones, their numbers were now one fourth of what they had once been. The humans sealed the monsters underground, under the very same Mount Ebott. 

After their imprisonment many monsters fell down, the hopelessness was a crushing sensation that offended their senses, they were now one fifth of their former numbers. 

Eventually the King of all monsters, Asgore, was able to lift the spirits with the help of queen Toriel, his wife. But sadly hope dipped back own after the death of both royal children and after the queen had run away once Asgore began collecting human souls of fallen children.

Though they were starting to repopulate after about 200 years of imprisonment, as well as reinstate lost hope. The Royal Scientist, Doctor W.D. Gaster had a wife, Pristina who was 6 months pregnant with their first child. The two skeletons who were soon to be parents, were hoping for a son.

One day Pristina was walking alone through Waterfall, enjoying the loving flowing water and glowing echo flowers, the shining 'stars' above on the ceiling of the cavern, only for her to see darkness the next second. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The last vampire was nearing his end, he hadn't fed enough. Though he refused to allow his kind to go extinct. Vampires didn't deserve to end like this. He was determined to make sure the vampire race lived on. Seeing a pregnant skeleton woman, he steeled his resolve. 

She would not become a vampire, but her child would. He was going to turn her unborn child into a vampire. The souling was still developing, thus the would make changes in their bodily makeup to become a pure vampire, the child would become a very powerful vampire, for the final vampire was going to pass every last drop of his power into the child. The final vampire had, before the murder of his people been the lord of vampires.

He used seduction magic to put the woman under a spell, she would remember none of this, and he bit into her neck, focusing as he transferred his power. He could feel that this child was more than worthy of this gift, they were a boss monster, an extremely powerful one at that too. 

When he was finished he gently lied the woman down, too tired to fly away as a bat, he limped away to find a secluded place to dust. The vampire race was saved thanks to him. He died feeling bad and happy for the child that would be born vampire in a world that thought they were just myths.

About three months later, a small skeleton baby boy was brought into the world or Underground rather. His quiet cries rang in the air. He had large eye sockets and wouldn't open his mouth, crying through his teeth. The baby was a little smaller than most newborns. He probably wouldn't grow to be very big, but he proved to be healthy. He was named Sans then he was checked, like all newborn children. His stats were surprising. The were higher than most newborn children.

Sans Skeleton 

LV 1

HP 30

ATK 12

DEF15

*He's a little different

______________________________

I'm really excited to get this story started! This and the next chapter are mostly prolouge.

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed! (^v^)/