Unusual Baby Bones

When Sans was born it was a wonderful day for Gaster and Pristina. Their first child together. Sans unlike them, had a green soul trait kindness, and flecks of cyan patience. He was a little smaller than average newborns, though he seemed healthy. The two adult skeletons were immensely proud that their son was a boss monster. 

Sans had two large round eyesockets that contained big green eye-lights. He was honestly super adorable. Pristina and Gaster's lives seemed to be perfect, with the ideal family, and Gaster had a good job as the Royal Scientist, while Pristina was now a stay at home mom.

Things seemed to be perfect! Until they couldn't get Sans to eat anything. They tried many foods, but their son had never even opened his mouth. He seemed ok for about a week, then his soft cries began, signifying his hunger.

Pristina was up late at night, Sans seemed to practically be nocturnal. Her baby boy was crying in her arms, his sockets closed. She was trying to shush him, Gaster was running a night shift, she was all alone. 

She was beginning to cry a little herself. Sans was only a little over a week old, and she was fearing of losing he son, simply because he would not eat. "Shh. Shh. Please Sansy eat something, anything! I can't bear to lose you so soon!" She sobbed. What was she doing wrong?

Suddenly the crying stopped, only little whimpers and a few stray tears. Pristina feared her son might be dying. Sans opened his eye sockets.

The bright green eye-lights, were no laced with a bright crimson. She didn't know what to make of this. After checking him, she was sure that he hadn't somehow gained LV or anything like that. But why was there red mixed in with his green lights?!

A thought raced through her mind, she thought it was silly, but... In the fairy tales she remembered as a child, they were these creatures called vampires. In the tales when they became very hungry their eyes would become red. 

She shook her head. There was no way that... It was... She held up her wrist to her sons' closed mouth. "This is crazy but, Sansy please if this is what you need... Then please drink, or feed or whatever. Just... don't die." Pristina whispered softly.

Sans looked at his mother's wrist that was offered to him, eye-lights transfixed on it. Slowly he opened his mouth, to reveal a set of slightly sharp looking fangs. Pristina gasped as the infant sank his fangs into her wrist, sucking out a small amount of crimson blood ever so slowly.

All that was going through her head was that her son was a vampire. A creature of the night. So any things made sense, except for how he was one to begin with. She couldn't help the fond smile towards her son, he would live. granted his life had more restrictions, but it also had some bonuses as well. 

She vowed to learn all she could about vampires, so she could raise and teach her son all he would need to know to survive. She would be a great mother!

Suddenly the feeding stopped, Sans pulled away form his mothers' wrist. The red was gone from his sockets, and he looked happy, he was even giggling a little. So cute! despite the blood on his little fangs, her son was so cute!

She vowed that she would do anything she could to learn more about vampires, that way her son would grow up properly. Pristina decided to keep this a secret, even from Dings. Her son didn't deserve ridicule or an early death.

~~~2 years later~~~

Pristina was proud of her son, Sans. He was developing perfectly. Pristina learned that vampires could feed off of raw meat, as well as blood, that way she wasn't always feeling drained. Since vampires were naturally strong, Sans had a good grip, he was starting to talk and walk. 

His soul trait showed true, as he was a sweet, kind and thoughtful child already. Pristina had been reading up on vampires and how they aged, when all of a sudden she heard a lot of little squeaks. Looking up from the book she saw that her son had apparently figured out how to into a cute tiny bat.

She was scared out of her wits at first, Sans was trying to flap his wings. Squeaking in frustration. When Pristina finally calmed down she helped her son learn how to fly. Though she had limited knowledge from seeing other monsters do so, as well as her books would inform.

Within two months her son was flying as a bat. He had been so happy, and had given his mother the biggest hug he could. The hug was pretty bone-crushing, due to his abnormal strength.

As the time went by Sans grew and learned. His mother was proud and kept her sons' secret, she taught him that no one else must know what he was. He was confused at first but he complied.

As he was about to become four years old, something wasn't right. Pristina was scared, so was Gaster, they didn't know what was happening or what to do... 

Sans had become seriously ill.

____________________________

Author Note

Here y'all go!

Hope you enjoyed! 

Thanks for reading! (^v^)/