Sleepless

Jennie Kim opened her eyes and sat bolt upright. At this rate, she would never fall asleep. The hotel room was polished and unfamiliar and made her eyes hurt. Not like this was anything new. Even though she had been sleeping in many different places when touring, this was different. At least then she had always had Jisoo to fall asleep with her. But now, Jennie felt alone. 

Jisoo was such a kind friend, and now she was far away. Too far away. Even though it was only New York, she seemed to be universes away from where Jisoo was staying in Chicago. 

Rosé and Jisoo were booked for a photo shoot off in New York for the next couple of days, while Jennie and Lisa were staying in Chicago for their own photo shoot and interview with an upcoming magazine company. 

It wasn't that Jennie disliked Lisa, in fact, Lisa was also her friend. It just wasn't the same as with Jisoo. Besides, Lisa was put in a different hotel room thanks to the management because of their different schedules and interview times. 

Jennie sighed and turned on her cell that was lying on the table close to her bed. She would never be able to fall asleep on her own. 

Her phone lit up, telling her that it was 12:23. It would be even later where Jisoo was, and she really should already be asleep.  But even so, Jennie couldn't think of any other options. 

'Jennie: Hey, Jisoo, u still up? I can't sleep'

Jennie contemplated whether to tell Jisoo that she also missed her, but she eventually decided against it and just hit send. She waited 10 minutes. 20. 30. But Jisoo obviously was asleep.

Jennie put her head back on the pillow for the final time before closing her eyes and sighing once more. 

But just before she was about to give up and give in to an inevitably restless slumber, she heard something through the wall from the neighboring apartment that sounded like running water. Wait. But that was Lisa's room. 

Jennie got up again and this time tried to reach Lalisa instead. 

'Lisa, ur still up right?'

'Lisa: Yea. What's up Jendeukie?'

Oh, thank God. 

'Jennie: When ur done with whatever ur doing, can u come over.'

'Lisa: Of course. But why?'

'Jennie:... I'm having trouble falling asleep. So could you maybe stay too?'

Jennie held her breath. Why was she even so nervous anyway? It was just Lisa... But still...

'Lisa: Yea, always.'

Oh good. Jennie let out a shaky breath before climbing back into the king bed in the center of the room. 

A few short minutes later, 4 knocks came from the door.  "Jen?" Jennie could hear Lisa's voice through the other side of the white painted wood. 

Jennie opened the door and was surprised at how happy she suddenly was to see the younger girl's face and dark hair. 

"Oh, Lisa!" Jennie didn't hesitate to hide her face in the other girl's hair. Lisa laughed. 

"Wow, Jen... Hi to you too. Not that this isn't adorable."

Jennie stopped hugging Lisa and lifted her head. "You can't say that. I'm older..." 

"Sorry, sorry. It's just funny since you aren't usually the clingy one, Jen." After a pause, Jennie could hear Lisa suck in a breath. 

"Ohh. It's Jisoo, isn't it? Aww. That's super cute, Jen. You miss her."

Jennie couldn't look Lisa in the eye. "Noo. It's not her exactly. I just find it hard to sleep by myself in these beds."

Lisa laughed again, still not fully believing Jennie,"Ah, I see. Okay, yeah, I can keep you company Jendeukie." 

Jennie went inside first and closed the door after Lisa, before closing the latch for precaution.  

She climbed into the heavily-blanketed bed and flicked off the light. "Goodnight, Lisa," Jennie could feel Lisa put her arms around her, holding her to her chest. Finally, Jennie felt safe and happy. Possibly even more so than when she was with Jisoo.

"Goodnight, Jennie," Lisa whispered back before hugging her Jendeukie even tighter. She just wanted the older girl to know that she was with her now, hopefully helping her sleep. As an added bonus, she also didn't mind being with Jennie, to say the least. "Sleep well."

(A/N Sorry if this is bad or weird and for the fact that it's short, I only wrote it in, like, two days so. I couldn't decide if I wanted to make this more of a 'friend' ship or a 'lover' ship, but this is hopefully kinda in the middle. It felt rude to be imposing sexuality on other people... On another note, Rosé's bday is tomorrow, I'll try to write something quickly now for her. If I don't, Happy Birthday, Rosé!)