Epilogue

FIFTEEN YEARS LATER.

"I miss you dad." Fifteen year old Malachi mumbled staring at his fathers tombstone with tears threatening to fall from his eyes. He never knew he would loose his dad to such a nasty disease.

Malachi sighed pulling something out his pocket. It was his report card. Every time he comes to visit the grave he has to tell his father his grades.

"Uh let see here." He sighed scanning over the paper. "All A's and one B." He smiled rubbing the tombstone and he knew his father was smiling down at him right now.

Before Nick died he made sure to tell Malachi how important his education would be and in the long run it will pay off.

"I wish I could spend a few minutes with you in heaven." Malachi mumbled kissing the tombstone before standing up on his own two feet. "I love you pops."

••••••••••••••••

"You're back already baby.?" Malachi's grandmother asked from the kitchen as he answered back with a yes.

"I miss him so much ma." Ms.Santana deeply sighed before turning off her stove and walking towards her grandson who was the splitting image of Nick.

"I miss him too Malachi." She sighed as tears were threatened to fall but she wouldn't let them. It hurt her to the core that she had to bury her only child.

Malachi wiped at his eyes before sighing.

"It should've been me instead."

He instantly regretted what he said when he felt his right cheek stinging in pain.

"Don't you ever talk like that!" Ms.Santana yelled as a tear slid down her cheek. She knew why Malachi was saying that and that's because he was born with HIV also.

"I'm sorry grandma." Malachi mumbled clenching his jaw. "I'm going upstairs."

Ms.Santana watched as her only grandchild walked away from her without sparing her a second glance.

•••••••••••••••••

"I watched you take your last breath." Malachi mumbled staring at the ceiling. "It fucks me up on the inside."

Malachi was still holding anger in his heart every since his fathers passing towards his dad because he thought his father was out doing something he had no business doing which caused him to have HIV.

Malachi knew he wouldn't be able to do things like the other teenagers he crosses paths with. Like having a father to be there for him and he never knew his other dad because Nick never talked about Jay to Malachi.

He took that one to the grave with him. Nick didn't think it was important for Malachi to know about Jay. Pretty selfish of him don't you think.

"Thanks Dad." Malachi mumbled closing his eyes as he felt a hand rubbing over his knee.

"Thank you for making me suffer."

••••••••••••••••

My first time writing in third person How did I do.?

No book 2

2/13/18