At night

As soon as she opened the front door, her stuff was scattered all over the floor. The lodge was rather huge, but she didn't use it very often, her time issues made sure of that. Just once in a while she enjoys the quietness after an especially rough case or tiring night at the club. Her sight skipped to the clock above the stove. It was almost five o'clock; she had to be there in one and a half hour. She rolled her eyes and poured herself a mug of coffee she had prepared in the morning. Sipping her now cold coffee she made her way upstairs into her bedroom.

She has a walk-in closet for her Carmenta clothes, wigs, shoes and other things she needed. Like the control-freak she was, she had picked an outfit the night before. She didn't need a lot of time for it, but her makeup took a lot longer. Despite her colleague's thoughts at the department, she actually liked doing her hair and makeup. Unfortunately, she didn't have the time to do it or just didn't really care about it at all. She finished her Style on time when her driver pulled into the parking lot.

Her driver was one of her oldest friends and one out of two who knew about her two identities. Having her own driver may seem snobbish or eccentric, but it was much more secure. He was a specialist and he knew what he was doing under any circumstance.

It was a short drive to the club and easy traffic. Jake glanced at her through the rear mirror "Rough day double?" She rolled her eyes at the nickname but nodded. "One of the girls was found with a drug overdose, it's a DEA case, but they didn't contact me. I am worried about that quite a lot." "I've heard about that, Tanja called me a few hours ago. She said she was one of the short-timers and about three weeks at the club." "Oh boy! I had hoped it was a false information and it has been a random girl who has nothing to do with me or the club." She sighed, pressing her thumbs against her forehead. They sat in silence for the drives last part.

She saw the band unpacking their instruments at the club's back door. "Hello, Gentlemen." She said, walking towards them, "My name is Carmenta and I will show you around when you are ready I will show you around. Their blushing and squirming under her gaze told her that they were stunned. Frankly, she was used to it. Most people considered her a man. It was unusual for a woman to be a club owner. But among those who knew her or heard the gossip about her, Carmenta was a legend.

The number of people rose every minute since the doors were open. She went to the platform hidden in the ground unnoticed and waited till the music quieted down. There she stood risen above all the others. Her usually unruly curly brown hair was now lilac and wavy. Her skin was almost deadly white, her eyes and lips had a toxic green shade. Her soft features were hidden due to a blue shaded galaxy like mask. She had chosen a skin-tight dress it matched her eyes and lips.

She could feel the hungry eyes on her body; she was used to it and may even say that she liked it.

"Good Evening my lovely creatures of the night", she made a sweeping gesture," I was able to persuade one of the greatest bands I know to play for us tonight. So forget all sorrows and regrets and have fun, my lovely creatures! "She blew air kisses into the crowd. The booze had them all cheering and whistling.