A Fruit Fisaco

Chapter 7

     "Is she okay?" asked Sahara, looking at Sunny.

    "Broken ribs, nothing to big." replied one of the healers and Sahara nodded. "All she needs is rest, and she will be fine." Sahara nodded again and slowly left.

    "So, whats this whole Facebook thing?" she asked as she went out.

    "Its something the humans use to communicate or post stuff." replied Thorn calmly.

    "What are humans?" questioned Hail.

    "Scavengers." said Thorn patiently. Hail nodded and looked around. Sahara looked around as well, her eyes darting from tree to tree, as if she could jump. Jump from them like a flying squirrel, and glide. She loved to fly. Flying was away from the world. Away from her problems. All her worries seemed to vanish when she was up there. At a younger age she had felt that way and asked if that was normal. Her mother had answered, "Only for dragons who are meant for the sky." Sahara had thought that all dragons were meant for the sky because of their wings, and she still thought that now.

    "Hey Rain, check that out." muttered Wing as he pointed to a Toucan.

    "Oh! Its so beautiful! An arrangement of colors, black, orange, yellow! It looks so exotic! Even though I've lived in the Rainforest a lot I haven't ever seen a... I think mother called it a--"

    "A toucan." finished Glory, staring at the bird. "Though I must admit, I like sloths better." at that moment the sloth around her neck made a small hrrrrggggg sound. "Oh right, I forgot. This is Silver, my pet sloth." explained Glory.

    "Shes so beautiful." muttered Rain.

    "Everything's beautiful to you." teased Hail.

    "It would be to you to if you would look beyond your snout." teased Sahara.

    "Ooh! Burn!" called Wing.

    "No. That was not a burn." cried Hail indignantly, shooting Sahara a smile.

    "You ruined the moment." said Wing.

    "Yeah?" asked Hail, tackling Wing. The two boy dragonets scuffled about, play fighting. It was a bit funny, their tails going everywhere. Finally rain smacked them with her tail and giggled.

    "Lets get her!" cried Wing, and Hail and Wing started to chase Rain. She cried out in joy and raced around and finally hid behind Sahara.

    "You get Sahara, I got Rain." Wing told Hail and he nodded. Hail charged at Sahara but she shot into the air. She then hovered and dived back down, tucking in her wings. Just when Sahara was an inch from hitting Hail's face she let her wings spread out and she soared right over Hail and landed.

    "Nice flying." said Hail and charged at her.

    "Bad instinct." noted Sahara as she side stepped and Hail flew behind her into a fruit stand.

    "Wing! Can we change targets?" yelled Hail but Wing shook his head. He grabbed onto Rains tail and Rain lashed her tail furiously and swung Wing into Hail. Hail yelped and a pumpkin fell on his head.

    "Its a jack-o-lantern!" cried Rain and Sahara laughed.

    "Nice job Rain, you just created a new food. Dragon Tart."

    Rain smiled and watched as a coconut fell on Wings head. 

    "Food!" cried Clay, running toward them.

    "Run!" cried Hail who had somehow gotten the pumpkin off his head. Wing and Hail scattered just before Clay slammed into the fruit stand. The stand itself broke of course, and Clay squashed some fruit. But most of it went flying.

    "Clay!" cried Glory.

    "Oh.. um... Surry." said Clay as a mango slid off his head. "I was just... Kind of hungry."

    Glory laughed a bit and went to help Clay up, but his weight pulled her down. The Queen of the Rainforest was now wearing a very lovely banana crown.

    Clay grabbed one of the bananas and started to eat it.

    "Clay, you have to peel it first." said Jambu.

    "You do?" asked Clay and he started peeling the banana alright. But he also peeled half of the yummy stuff. Clay frowned and said, "I think I liked it better the other way." Jambu smiled and his scales turned an even brighter pink.

    "Heads up!" cried Deathbringer as he flung a mango.

    Turns out that Mango doesn't like the sea. Because he flew and hit Tsunami and Riptide. Don't ask how it hit both.

    "Oh, you want to throw mangos?" asked Tsunami, grabbing a coconut.

    "I think... I'll join." said Riptide picking up a pear.

    "Run Deathbringer!" cried Glory, but a mango hit her. Soon fruit was flying EVERYWHERE. It was a fruit party!