Chapter 2

Ed woke up to find Roy missing from their bed. Alarmed, he quickly got up and headed to the bathroom, where he could hear Roy in distress. Concerned for his partner's well-being, Ed knocked on the bathroom door. Roy whimpered, asking what Ed wanted. Responding with genuine concern, Ed said, "Are you okay? Please open up." Reluctantly, Roy complied, returning to his sickness. Ed rushed to his side, gently rubbing his back as Roy cried out in pain. "What's wrong, Roy?" Ed asked, his voice filled with shock and worry. Tearfully, Roy replied, "I don't feel good, Ed. Please help me. Please," his cries muffled against Ed's chest. Ed comforted him, assuring, "You'll be okay, love. Let's get you lying down, and then I'll call a doctor for you, alright?" Roy whimpered, objecting, "No, don't call a doctor, Ed. I'll be fine after I eat and rest." Taken aback, Ed clarified, "But you were just throwing up everything you ate last night. I didn't mean to imply anything about your weight or not eating." Roy wept, accusingly saying, "So, you're saying I'm fat and shouldn't eat?" Ed stuttered, trying to defend himself, "No, that's not what I meant." Roy continued to cry, pleading, "Just get me something to eat, please." Ed fetched a bowl of soup for Roy and returned to his side. Roy expressed gratitude, saying, "Thank you, Ed." Ed smiled warmly and held Roy's hand, assuring him, "You'll be alright, Roy. I know it." Roy nodded, eventually falling asleep about an hour later.

The next day, both of them woke up, but Roy still felt unwell, rushing to the bathroom to vomit once again. Ed decided it was time to take him to the doctor. Roy moaned and agreed, "Okay." Ed and Roy got into the car and drove to the doctor's office. Once there, Ed guided Roy inside, and they checked in before being led to an examination room. After running some tests, the doctor returned with news to share. The doctor glanced at both of them and said with a smile, "Congratulations, you're pregnant." Ed stammered in shock, while Roy looked at him and beamed, exclaiming, "We're having a baby!" Ed's smile widened, and he kissed Roy, gripping his hand tightly. "Yes, we are, love. We are," Ed replied with joy. They stood up, left the hospital, and drove home. Ed guided Roy inside and tucked him into bed, sitting beside him. Ed gently spoke, "Rest, Roy. You need it." Roy drifted off to sleep in Ed's protective embrace. Ed placed his hand on Roy's stomach and smiled, cherishing the newfound happiness that filled their lives.