Chapter 4

As the day neared its end, signaling time for Roy to head home, Ed entered the building and made his way towards Roy's office. Almost a month had passed since Roy became pregnant, and Ed had been grappling with sleepless nights. Roy greeted Ed with a smile, reaching out to hold his hand. Ed reciprocated, guiding Roy towards their car. While helping Roy into the car, Roy looked at him with concern. "Are you okay?" Roy asked. Ed replied, "Yeah, just tired, that's all." Roy persisted, questioning if Ed had been getting enough rest at night. Ed admitted, "I don't think I have, but it's not a big deal." Roy sensed it was because of him and expressed worry about how his constant pain kept Ed up at night. Ed quickly reassured him, "I don't blame you, Roy. I'm here for you, always." Roy smiled, accepting Ed's support, and settled back in his seat, soon drifting off to sleep during the journey home. Ed glanced at Roy, a protective smile forming on his lips, allowing him to rest undisturbed.

Upon arriving home, Ed carefully lifted Roy out of the car and carried him inside, gently placing him on their bed. Ed decided to take a soothing, hot shower to alleviate the tension in his back and shoulders. After the refreshing shower, Ed dressed himself and proceeded to prepare dinner. Once he finished cooking, Ed set aside a portion for Roy and placed it on their night table. He gently shook Roy awake, urging him to eat. Roy stirred, murmuring his thanks to Ed. Ed smiled in response and joined Roy in eating his own meal. Once they finished, Roy drifted back to sleep. Ed took charge of tidying up the house, his protective instincts in full swing, before finally retiring to bed himself, ensuring Roy felt secure and cared for throughout the night.