The Light in the Dark

How can you find the light within darkness? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It started with small things. Pushing back their hair out of their eyes, slipping their shoe off so they could just dangle their feet off the cliff. Then she tried the bigger things. Holding their head in her hands, looking deep into those dark as night eyes. Then she tried the thing she'd wanted to do all night. Just brush her lips against theirs. That was it. Yet as always it became more. The light showed through the darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had planned it all to perfection. She would pick them up right at 7 pm as the sun had just reached the horizon and created beautiful colors that they would watch as they drove to the cinema. Then after the movie, they would go get ice cream at the place she knew they loved. It would be perfect. But of course, nothing can ever go to plan, can it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun did hit the horizon right as she was about to knock on their door. However, before she was able they came rushing out of the house, grabbing her hand as they went. 

"Take me away," was all they said. She could see the tears brimming in their eyes, so she drove, she took them to the place that she knew they loved. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did they get so lucky? They had found this girl who excepted them, wanted to be with them, and even loved them. They had never loved her so much as when she took them to the cliffs. The wonderful, beautiful, amazing cliffs. They loved the cliffs, simply because of the beauty they saw whenever they looked out at the ocean. The ocean that represented the endless possibilities. And oh did they need some reminding of that just now. They knew that she had planned something, but this was what they needed. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They had found the light to complement their darkness. She was always smiling, always bright as a star in the sky. Darkness had always followed them, and somehow she made it through that to find them. Both of them, she and them, the two of them, wanted it so bad. When she brushed the hair out of their eyes they gasped. Not knowing what would happen next. Then, she slid the shoes off their feet, knowing how much shoes just inconvenienced them. Then she held their head in her hands and they almost melted. How had they found this perfect being of light, then they kissed and the darkness disappeared just as the sun fully sunk into the ocean.