Chapter 4

Love? Is it true to the forgotten?

~Four~

As the old Greek saying is, “Appearances often are deceiving,” said the author as she chuckled gleefully, there is also another saying by my man Aesop, and it says this, “Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.”

As you have all come to find, Hadriana, my dear friend, is telling a tale of which she is also in and, by the way, is immortal. She's told you of the troubles of Achyls and Petros, but is she really telling you everything? Are they still alive? you ask. Well, I must tell that they are both...oh, what am I saying. I should not spoil the ever-winding tale of the two lovers. Please do read on, my reader, for this might be the last book that you will read about the troubled times of Achyls and Petros.

“Time to finish up the story,” I said, looking at the excited and ever happy children.

“Yeah! Hurry up, Hadrian!” they shouted happily.

“Okay, Okay, calm down,” I said smiling slightly, remembering the life I used to have 250 years ago.

“I love you too, my faithful servant,” said Petros from behind the door, because he had heard her say what she had said. He walked away from the door to soon be stopped by the guard, Cerin. Cerin was a muscular man that stood at six foot seven inches, making him tower over Petros who only stood at six feet one inch. His hair had been shaved off on the side and had a sort of mohawk. His golden brown hair, wet with sweat, trailed down his back, in a braid, from the place where it was long, in the middle of his head. His eyes were a hazel and they shone with anger while staring at Petros. The scars that covered his face and muscular arms and torso made him even more frightening. His stare would scare any normal man, but not the great Petros.

“Why do ya hurt my angel, Achyls, young master?” asked Cerin.

“I do no such thing, oh servant of mine,” replied Petros as he proceeded to walk around Cerin.

“You do such a thing, do not lie, oh enemy of mine!” shouted Cerin as he threw Petros at the wall, causing a huge crash and pieces of the wall to fall upon the aching Petros.

“Are you in love with Achyls, Cerin?” asked Petros, somewhat amused by this ordeal. Cerin's face became red with anger and he threw up his fists, ready to strike at anyone's face.

“Are you plotting against me, mine enemy? Are you playing her until you don't want her and then you throw her away like trash? Tell me truthfully, enemy. Are you the betrayer of my love's heart?” asked Cerin angered and saddened at the same time.

“No! I would never do such a thing to Achyls!” shouted back Petros, angered that Cerin had even thought such a thing. He stood from the place where he had once laid and brought his muscular, bloody, and scrapped fist to Cerin's sweaty, handsomely tanned face, leaving a large bruise to be complained about the next day. Cerin stumbled back slightly, but quickly regained his ground. He also brought his fist to Petros' not so tan, but handsome face. Petros also stumbled back and flipped backwards, regaining his position and getting the opportunity to kick Cerin's feet out from underneath him.

Cerin fell to the ground, crying out in pain as he had come to realize that his leg was broken. Petros had broken Cerin's leg without Cerin even realizing. When Cerin stumbled back Petros had taken that small second to run forward, break Cerin's leg with his bare hands and then move backward as Cerin punched him. He was so overly amused by Cerin's cries of pain that he hadn't noticed Achyls at her doorway staring in fear at Petros as he laughed wickedly.