TWO

She and Jacob spend two years together in peace, in dare she say it, absolute joy.

Every morning, afternoon and night is spent together. Cuddled in sheets, they share their fears, their hopes, their dreams, and they speak of their future together in eternity.

In the beginning, she feels no guilt nor shame. She is content with her life, with the life that they have created together.

Until Jacob's father dies.

Now, she knows that Forks, Washington is but a mere two counties away, but the memories that reside there still haunt Jacob's thoughts.

The werewolf brushes them off with a smile, but she knows the truth.

He deserves to be with his family in this time of mourning, but she is selfish. She wants him to herself. She wants to stay locked away with him in their home, to become addicted to his smell and to his taste.

She craves him, and in return, Jacob adores her, but he has no knowledge of what he had asked her to do.

"What are you thinking about?" His voice interrupts her thoughts. She is not at all started by the gentle grasp of his arms around her waist. In fact, she comfortably accepts him, molding to the curve of his body against hers.

"I can't go back with you." The girl nuzzles her cheek against his. Her skin is frozen against his, creating a mixture of warmth between their bodies.

It's perfection. Hot and cold. Werewolf and vampire. Destined enemies, but somehow, destined to be unified.

But there's something wrong.

"And I can't be without you. Don't be scared. They'll love you as I do."

'But you don't.' She wants to scream. 'I made you like this.'

But because she cannot deny Jacob of anything, she silently agrees to join him.