21. Bitch pass

Kat

I didn't mean to upset her, but she needed to hear it.

"I'm going after her," Jade stated before leaving the room.

Beverly tried to leave as well but I stuck out my arm in her way.

"Hold on a second there. I'm not sure if all that hair bleach has finally seeped into your brain or what but your little bet had your friend almost commit a serious crime," I said angrily.

Beverly looked at me with a bored expression.

"Oh cry me a river. You stepped in didn't you? Yeah so nothing happened. No crime, not problem, so fuck off," she dismissed, pushing past me.

"You invited Nate and I here for a reason, mind telling me at least?" I shouted after her.

She turned around.

"Well I invited you and let your friend invite those guys she's always with so she'd have people to take her home and watch her after the deed was done. I don't want her hungover and passed out on my living room floor."

"You're a shitty person you know that?" I asked.

"But I value your opinion so much," she pouted sarcastically before grinning.

I shook my head and went downstairs. I have to find Quinn.

She tried to trip me as I passed her but I stepped over her slightly outstretched foot.

"What's your deal Beverly?" I asked, not waiting for an answer as I pulled ahead.

Nate

Quinn found me standing with Felix and Matthew next to a chocolate fountain with an untouched solo cup of what I suspected to be punch that was handed to me earlier but I didn't entirely trust to not be mixed with alcohol.

Quinn was followed by one of Kat's friends, Jane I think her name is.

She sat Quinn down on the couch near us, giving her an opened bottle of water at the table.

She approached us, worry clear across her face.

"Hey Nate, you need to get Quinn home, she's had a rough night and I think it's time for her to go home," she said, pushing her red-black hair out of her eyes.

"Uhhh yeah sure sure," I replied, pulling my keys.

Felix looked around for a moment.

"Has anyone seen Calvin?" He questioned.

Kat's friend looked around before catching him sitting with another one of Kat's friends, and the two of them seemed to really be hitting it off.

"Baby! Calvin's gotta go and so do we! Give him your goodbye and find everyone else!" She shouted.

The girl shot a glance over to us and gave an understanding nod, saying a short goodbye to Calvin and giving him and hug and a kiss on the cheek before getting up and walking off.