Chapter 3

Roy grappled with persistent pain, especially in his back, and Ed diligently worked to massage and soothe it for him. Despite his discomfort, Roy reluctantly went to work as usual. Upon arrival, he noticed the curious gazes of everyone around him, scrutinizing his appearance and behavior. Wincing as he made his way to his office, Ed entered at that moment and immediately stood by his side, gently kneading his back in slow, comforting motions. Riza and the others continued to observe the scene.

Roy, slightly irritated, questioned them, "What are you all staring at? Get back to work," he huffed. Ed chimed in, advising Roy to stay calm for the sake of the baby. Havoc, puzzled, asked Ed about the baby, unaware of the situation. Roy explained, "Since Ed can't conceive, I've decided to carry our baby. So, yes, we're having a baby." Smiles spread across everyone's faces, and Hughes exclaimed, "Oh, Roy, you're going to be a parent! I can't wait to meet your little one." Ed, sharing the excitement, added, "I can't wait either, but right now, he needs to finish his work so he can go home and rest."

Al walked in, accompanied by Winry, and expressed his joy, saying, "I'm happy for you, big brother." Winry concurred, applauding Ed, "Good job, Ed." Roy's smile wavered as he felt a surge of pain, prompting him to grasp Ed's hand silently, urging him to continue rubbing his back. Ed complied, and a low moan escaped Roy's throat, audible to everyone in the office. Havoc couldn't resist making a playful comment, suggesting, "Someone's feeling a bit frisky." Roy blushed crimson, hastily denying it, "No, he's just rubbing my back. It simply feels good."

Ed, protective and assertive, addressed Havoc and the others, challenging them, "What's with all the pervy comments in the office lately? Do any of you have something to say about it?" They shook their heads, quickly realizing their misstep. Ed nodded in approval, stating, "Good," reinforcing his protective stance over Roy in the workplace.