Hot Pursuit

The familiar roar of the engine from beyond the tyres was the only hint the puma sisters needed and as Bonaparte parted the tyres they gunned their bikes and sped on further into the building. Annapuma grimaced at her sister "You know this is getting tiresome. For supposedly highly paid professionals you'd have thought the Tank Police would be able to grasp the concept of doors."

"I know what you mean, it could really deflate a girl's enthusiasm." Uni winked back and turned towards a set of steps to a catwalk suspended from the roof. The Tank Police would have more trouble demolishing this under her. As she rode upwards she watched her sister crossing the top of a line of light red cars awaiting assembly.

"Hold this thing steady, I can't get a good lock on that bike." The targeting was bouncing as Bonaparte's tracks rearranged the bodywork of the cars they were driving over to chase Annapuma.

"Family saloons don't really make a very good road surface" Al pulled hard to one side as the shell of another ex-almost car collapsed in a cloud of glass and pink steel.

"What would you rather? Sports cars?" In the green light of the tactical displays Leona's face had a manic gleam and Al bit back his reply of Concrete.

Leona almost had Annapuma in her sights when the bike slipped on an unfastened windscreen and fell to one side. "Damn. Just give me a stable platform and I'll show these bitches." Then she realised that Anna had lost her balance and was hurriedly righting her bike. "Now I've got you." She thumbed the PA as she zeroed in her sights. "Stop now or I'll be forced..." Suddenly the display became a single bright spot and Bonaparte shook as a grenade exploded against the front of the turret.

"Give it a rest will you." Unipuma looked down on the tank from her safe perch amongst the rafters. "Your script could do with work. You should learn to... Oooh Shiiit." This last as she leapt towards a convenient fluorescent light whilst her bike, the catwalk, and the roof disintegrated behind her. Apparently they could rack the tracks enough to achieve that elevation on the gun. She swung and dropped catlike in a clear area beyond Bonaparte. At least she'd bought Anna enough time, and she hopped on the bike as it slowed while passing her. "Going my way?" As they pulled away the noise of Bonaparte teaching iron filing lessons grated in their pointed ears.

Pulling round another wall Uni saw something that gave her a great idea and she indicated for her sister to slow down. "You know, I think she's become far too macho. We should help her rediscover her girl's roots"

"What are you on about. They'll come through that wall just the same as..." Annapuma looked back and realised what she was seeing. "Yeah. I think it's our duty to help her."

"She'll give us girls a bad name."

"I'm going to enjoy this. You don't think it's evil?"

"Well they do say we are the bad guys." Uni gave her best evil grin. They heard Bonaparte nearing the far side of the wall and Anna prepared to pull the bike out of the way. "Not too fast we want to see this."

Leona couldn't believe her luck. Those dumb cat-girls had stopped behind another wall. It might be load bearing but there were no girders in the middle. She told Al to proceed and prepared to fire. If they didn't want to hear her cease and desist then she was happy to oblige. The wall on the visuals disintegrated and she waited for the picture to give confirmation of the readings on the other sensors. She watched surprised as a reddish liquid washed against the camera. The contents of the ruptured tank on the far side of the wall covered Bonaparte, momentarily blocking his air filters and causing the engine to splutter.

"That's much more your colour dear."

"I think it looks cute." Uni gave a little twitch of her ears to emphasise the point as her sister gunned the engine and they pulled away from the wreckage of the paint storage area. Behind them Bonaparte sat in the middle of a pool of pink paint.