The Edge of Heaven, Mother Base, September 19th 1986

"Do you really believe that you deserve to live?" The darkness asked, puzzled. It continued, it's dark echoless voice filled the surrounding space, "Have you earnt the right to live?" It asked, expecting an answer. Venom stood alert facing the direction that the voice travelled from. Suddenly, the stylings of Midge Ure filled the void and his cover of "The Man Who Sold the World "started to play. Venom's eyes widened as the synthesised sounds blared out towards him. Then he appeared... out of the darkness. The doppelgänger looked on to the figure. Overhead the music reached 37 second mark, "I thought you died alone, a long long time ago", and slowly the darkness parted around the figure slowly revealing himself to Venom. The familiar black leather eyepatch, Saladin, Jack, Ishmael...Big Boss.

He moved slowly forward just as The Boss had done on the helicopter. Midge Ure continued, as Big Boss started to speak. His gravelly voice boomed out filling the space but leaving Midge Ure to play in the background. "Brother, we meet again!" Venom thought to himself yet again brother  not a chance in hell. Next to the warriors, the Hero and the Clone, the walls of ancient Mayan temple closed in towards them. Creating an arena for the warriors, resembling a familiar temple in Mozambique.

Suddenly, a lit cigar appeared in Big Boss' mouth, as smoke wisped out from behind his half-parted lips. The smoke slighted distorted the image of the Big Boss. Garnering the question to Venom was any of this real? Above the two men, Midge Ure was fading away into the darkness and was replaced with the digitized beep of a machine, a mechanical heartbeat. It's rhythm resembling a normal heartbeat, but with a faint metallic echo. The heartbeat faded slightly, it presence was still recognizable but was fading ever so slowly. It was as if life it's self was fading away. Becoming monotone. Somewhere else inside the temple, the sound of an explosion and then a gunshot could be heard. The explosion ricocheted throughout the Mayan structure, sending waves of sound crashing through the walls hitting Venom and sending backwards. Venom scrambled with floor and rose back up; the heartbeat rose back into life as well and became louder than ever.

The walls of temple started collapsing around Venom as he suddenly rose off the floor and flew up out a hole that had been made in the roof of the temple. As he rose, the heartbeat rose with him. Accompanying him on this new journey. Below him the darkness shattered like a plate glass window and reality fell apart. The space around transitioned through the colour spectrum and finally settled on the colour of white as it engulfed the body of Venom. Time was slowing down, the earth felt like it had stopped spinning. The heartbeat broke back into a steady rhythm.

Colours started appearing again, sound broke through. Light engulfed the darkness that Venom's reality. A pure sense of clarity. He had arisen and woken up. Around him flooded a team of nurses and doctors. Sighs of relief could be heard in the very same room. Accompanied by tears of joy that that Venom Snake had arisen from his respite. Behind the team of doctors, an insignia could be seen. A circular logo, with a white skull and black and yellow on either sides of the skull. The Miltaires Sans Frontiers.

"Promise me Snake, that you'll bring back peace." Paz Ortega Andrade asked.