Best Friends

A/N This is my first fanfiction, so please don't be too harsh on me. Please let me know how I can improve it though. I hope you like the story. Also, I am from America and I'm not familiar with the school system in Newcastle, so I am using our school system. I know that the high school system seems odd, as it probably never happens anywhere, but for the purposes of the story, this is how I decided it will be. 

Declan Donnelly and Anthony McPartlin were both in ninth grade having been best friends since kindergarten. Their parents became friends when Dec's family moved to Newcastle next door to Ant's family's house just before Ant and Dec started kindergarten. 

Since then, both of their families have basically become like one big family. Ant and Dec became best friends almost immediately after meeting each other on the first day of kindergarten. 

Newcastle had one elementary school, one middle school, and two high schools. Ant and Dec went to elementary and middle school together and were hoping they would be able to attend the same high school. 

However, as there were so many students in high school, the schools decided that they would have two high schools and the principals would decide how to separate the students into two groups. 

Unfortunately for Ant and Dec, they were both separated and Ant was put in one group and Dec was put in another. Even worse for Dec was that their group of friends were also put in the group with Ant, and Dec had none of his friends going to high school with him. 

While Dec was unhappy that none of his friends were going to be with him in school he was excited for the new school year as he was one of the very few people who actually enjoyed going to school. His parents were very pleased with him as well because he always got very good grades and his teachers were all glad to have him in their classes. 

Dec was known to be the school sweetheart. He was always very sweet and polite with everyone including the teachers. Due to this, he was loved by almost everybody in the school. 

Unfortunately, there was a group of students that hated Dec and loved to tease him because everyone loved him so much. They were very jealous of Dec and his many friends and wonderful grades. 

During most of elementary and middle school, they would constantly tease Dec and make snide remarks to him. They would, however, always make sure they never did it when Dec was around Ant and the rest of his friends. His friends, especially Ant, were very protective over Dec because Dec could never be mean to others, meaning he would never say anything back to the bullies. 

Ant and the rest of Dec's friends were not aware of how much Dec was bullied by these students, due to the fact that they would always bully Dec when he was alone. Unfortunately for Dec, these bullies were also going to the same high school as Dec. 

Dec knew that he was in for a hard time in high school when he found out that the bullies were not only going to his school, but  also that they were in most of his classes as well.

 Dec only hoped that he could get through high school without too much trouble. Little did Dec know how much he would come to hate the place that he loved since he was a kid...