Dormant Mind

Dormant Mind – Sci-Fi Satire Novel

Chapter 1- Watching life pass by.

Then again never mind "Life, what is the life? To me I guess it has always been a small, small meaningless void of suffering and wonderment", Alex slowly opens his eyes and at first does not want to be awaken. He only realizes the slow and aching pain that is developed after being in a cryogenic chamber for a while, his hands all numb like frozen chunks of meat. His reaction time being delayed for the first few minutes by fifteen seconds. The pod opens and can finally see the exterior world, there were almost no sounds, the world felt hollow and like his fingers pretty numb. His body first began to react and from there it had been his mind, slowly the engine of his conscious began to recollect all of his surroundings. He sees nothing at first but then the darkness gets illuminated by a shiny sphere on the outside of these large glass windows. Alex had no idea who he was, why was he there but he did realize where he was at.

"Is at. Is that the planet Earth?", in all astonishment, he tried to remember anything from his past, just anything to grasp onto the situation that had been going on in that instance. No such memories appeared, he only remembers signing a paper. Yes, that is only it a signing of a paper, nothing more or less. He jumps back to his situation; A shiny chrome door opens up. A human like figure comes and approaches me, Alex is partially nervous not knowing what to do in those moments. His eyes got closer and closer, those sharp and bright eyes Alex could not understand the whole situation going on. He then goes up to him and finally goes on to say.

"AZ-X95, a malfunction is occurring in your incubator. Please let us allow us to fix the situation and in an hour or so, in the mean time you can walk around the station and relax as you please." The android, told me in a cold heartless and metallic voice. Alex stumbled across the hallway, worse than being drunk it felt. A mechanism that floated in midair guided me towards a sauna, heating room and from there transported to a living room of the giant complexion. Alex, didn't know where he was or how he got there. He only just remained there, all around him is plants that decorated the white room elegantly. Lights brightens the entire atmosphere, gives the room a clear edge of modernity. Alex being curious as he is looks at the outer edge of some windows, then apart from Earth he saw an entire freeway of spaceship vehicles orbiting around the Earth.

"What the hell is going around here?". Alex in shock and awe, he couldn't believe the situation and matter of fact refuse to understand the entire situation. There were multiple ships, orbiting this beautiful and neon lit up planet called the Earth. The blue planet reminded me on how an atom is depicted, and we the small ships were the electrons. Alex remembered multiple subjects from his school days, but not about his personal recollection. He felt angry because of that, then a door opened, the android walked in and told me.

"Everything will be alright and that nothing will happen", He carried some medication for me to swallow. Alex didn't know anything so Alex did all he ever did know in the moment is to be obedient and follow orders.

"Who are you?", I ask while swallowing gigantic blue pills and put the syringe right over my upper forearm.

"You can call me Robert", a human name? Poor ol Alex given a numerical name and the robot receives an actual human name.

"It means fame, all bright and shining in an semantics called German, your name AZ-X95 is after the date of birth and acronym for the lineage of your family. Though you say, you go by Alex? Correct"

"That is the name that I have gone by, since the day that I have been born, what does it mean?". The machine looked a little hesitant and just then a quick shock got received up in the upper antenna. Rebooted and then proceeded to go onto say.