Letters-Collins

My dear Y/N,

My dear Y/N,

I hope my letters are getting to you quickly, so you won't be waiting long to hear from me. I imagine that you are worried if I take long to respond, and I apologize for that, my love.

I am doing fair, thank you for asking, sweetheart. What can I say? It's war. It's not peachy, or a walk in the park. Every day I worry that I will lose you. Dear, you are quite headstrong, but I still worry deeply about you. Even though you are safe at home, I can't help but worry and worry.

Flying is going well. Farrier and I have each other's backs up there. We are the only duo that work best together in the Air Force, in my opinion. Not to brag or anything.

Enough about me. How are you holding up? Are you going to work at your mothers' bakery? You should, dear. You have to take your mind off of everything once and awhile, and I think that a job at the bakery would help you with that. And when I get home, you'll have to bake me something. And Farrier, too. He requests sugar cookies with "a dash of cinnamon." He won't stop talking about them. He's quite homesick, after all.

Well, I have received news. Farrier, me, and a leader will be leaving to Dunkirk for business. I don't know when I'll leave or when I'll return. So expect a lack of letters for awhile, love. I'm sorry.

If I don't make it back, please, don't dwell on my death. I would hate for you to cry and be broken about it. After all, I never left your side. I'll always be with you, my love of my life, my beautiful lass.

And if I do make if back, please, Y/N, please, marry me. I can't stand not being your husband. I want to look down at my ring finger and see a wedding band so I can be reminded of our endless love.

I can write about you for hours. Your beautiful hair, your sparkling eyes, your soft lips. I miss kissing them, and I miss feeling your hair, and looking into your eyes late at night like we used to. It would mean so much to be a husband of a beautiful and strong woman. I want to marry you, Y/N. Please be mine forever.

With all my love,

Jack

You jump up from your spot from the bed, a hand over your mouth, and happy tears streamed down your cheeks. Collins always spoke of marrying you, and his dreams of moving to the countryside and starting a family. He always said he wanted to wake up and see you by his side. He craved safety and warmth between the two of you.

"Of course I'll marry you, silly man," you whisper while grabbing a pen and paper. "You didn't even have to ask."

Collins,

The letter you sent to me made my heart swell. It made me cry happy tears for once, not sad ones. It was a well needed cry.

To answer your question, yes, I'm doing all right, and yes, I started working with my mother. It's quite rewarding, actually.

But when you come home, I'm going to quit. Do you know why?

Because we're getting married. Yes, Jack, I will marry you. How could I say no? We will get married and we will move to the countryside, like you've always wanted. We will have a garden, a small barn...everything we've wanted we will have. You just have to get home first, and then you can be my husband, and I'll be your wife.

Jack, your not going to die. You're a strong man with a big heart. You know what to do. You're so smart, love. I believe in you, Jack. I'm waiting for you always. I miss you terribly, but soon we'll be together again. Soon I'll be able to see your ocean eyes, your face, and I'll be able to kiss you again.

Dear, I'm even missing your horrible jokes. And that's saying something.

Be safe in Dunkirk, don't get into any trouble, you hear me? You and Farrier watch out for each other, all right? Tell Farrier I'll make everyone cookies, you both just have to get home.

Just come home to me.

Yours truly,

Soon to be Mrs. Collins

Collins throws his head back and lets out a whoop. Farrier looks up from his book questioningly. "What is it?" He asks.

"She said yes."