Chapter Seven

Sun blazed through the window, shining onto Lila's sleeping face. The light woke her up as she let out a groan and turned over in bed, bumping into something. Assuming it was just her night stand, she groaned one more time before tossing back to her original position, throwing the blanket over her eyes to shield herself from the light that was coming from her window. Lila's eyes opened wide when she felt- what she thought was her night stand- lace an arm over her waist sleepily.

Lila opened her eyes slowly, a yawn escaping her lips as she wiped her face with the back of her hand. She turned around slowly and giggled quietly when she saw who it was. Emmett laid in bed in his grey tee and sweatpants, his hair tangled and knotted to resemble a bird's nest. When Lila looked at him with a smile sneaking onto her face, Emmett offered her a lazy one in return before he wiped the sleep out of his eyes. Suddenly something dawned on Lila that made her sit up quickly in her bed.

"Emmett, we fell asleep and it's morning. Your mom is probably wondering where you are," she whispered, throwing the blanket off her and beginning to get out of bed in a rush.

Emmett grabbed her wrist gently, stopping her from leaving the bed. "She won't," he said simply, shrugging his shoulders as if the norm for him. Lila looked at him, her face giving away just how confused she was feeling. "Like I said, you'll learn more about me today. And that is a piece of it, just have patience."

Lila nodded her head and got out of bed, walking so she was standing at the foot of the bed. She pulled the white blanket off from the bed, making Emmett groan and press his face in the pillow sleepily. All he wanted to do was stay in bed for as long as possible, but Lila had other plans.

"Get up sleepy head," she said, walking over to the side of his bed, right next to the door. She grabbed hold of his hand and pulled on it to try and drag him out of bed, but he was much too heavy for her to pull on her own, so she dropped his hand with a huff. "Come on," she groaned, crossing her arms over her chest. "Come make breakfast with me!"

Emmett picked up his head from the pillow and looked over at Lila. She was wearing the same leggings and plum sweater she had fallen asleep in. The sweater was way too big for her, hanging loosely from her body and ending just above her knees as if it were a dress. Her blonde hair had small waves in it and hung over her shoulders neatly despite her just getting out of bed. Her cheeks were rosy red, and her eyes were still full of sleep as she let out a little yawn before putting her hands on her hips. He wanted to tell her no, say that he'd be sleeping and to wake him up when the food was ready, but he knew she wasn't taking no for an answer and he truly wanted to spend the day with her.

He let out a little groan, wiping his eyes with the back of his hands and sitting up in bed. Lila laughed and flashed a bright smile of victory before turning towards the door to head to the kitchen. Before she could leave the room, Emmett picked up the pillow he had slept with and called Lila's name. As she turned to look at him, he playfully hit her arm with the pillow. "That's what you get for waking me up early," he sighed, throwing the pillow back on the bed and walking to the kitchen with Lila. Lila laughed and skipped to the kitchen happily, rummaging the pantries for something to cook up.

Emmett sat in a bar stool in front of the island, watching Lila search for food and admiring Lila's apartment. Although he had been in it before, he hadn't stayed long enough to admire all its luxurious features. The kitchen, although rather small, was fancier than any other kitchen or room Emmett had ever seen. The floor was whitish-grey tile and the walls were painted a similar shade. All the cabinets and the island were made of deep brown wood. The countertop on the cabinets was granite and the countertop of the island was stainless steel, so clean and perfect that Emmett didn't dare to touch it. Over the island hung a vent to suck up any smoke that came from the stove top and an oven, microwave, and dishwasher were built into the floor to ceiling cabinets next to the sink. All the appliances were made of stainless steel that looked flawless.