Chapter 1: The New Boy

"Guess what Bella?" My best fiend Angela said in a bubbly tone.

"Party this Saturday with jocks." I responded with out missing a beat. My tone was dry and dull as the words 'jock' and 'party' exited my mouth.

"You don't sound very excited about it."

"Are you going?"

"Of course. You are too, right?"

"Wrong. I've made it my goal this year to stay away from boys and parties of all sorts."

"You're becoming a nun?" Angela joked and I removed my books from my locker.

"Laugh all you want, but the answer is still a solid no."

"Why not Bella? Edward Cullen is going to be there."

"Edward Cullen?" I questioned the name not ringing any bells. He could be the new student they said had the body of a God and eyes of an angel.

"Edward Cullen? The new kid who is totally hot. I mean, he's strong, and sexy. He's amazing Bella."

"He sounds like a totally jerk. Most of the guys around here are."

Angela rolled her eyes at my stubbornness. I wasn't exactly fond of parties since my eighth grade birthday party where punch got poured on my clothes and I pulled out a lump of my 'friend's' hair.

"Isabella Swan, you are going to that dance with me." Angela stated like a parent. I heard a few snickers in the hallways and a blush started in my neck. It quickly rose to my face when I realize they probably weren't even talking about me. I was self conscious like that. A laugh from anyone could make me blush like crazy.

"No Angela."

"Why not Bella?" The whole parent thing didn't seem to be working, so she was beginning to beg.

"Because you know how out of control high school parties can get. We're about to graduate, you don't want to mess up your future."

"That's all you ever think about Bella. Your future. Your future is going to be a bunch of cats and smelling like old lady fart because you're lonely. I don't know what you're scared of Bella, but it's controlling your life."

I paused for a second to think about Angela's statement. I wasn't afraid of anything. Anything I knew of at least. Angela was right though, I'll be living a life of should've, would've, could've. I had to take life by the wings and if that meant some stupid teenage party then count me in.

"Fine, I'm there."

"Really Bella!? You are the best and you're going to have such a good time. I can pick you up. I'll come home with you after school so you don't wear something nerdy."

"Hey!" I playfully hit Angela's arm a bit offended by her jab at my taste in clothing. Was it bad I wanting something to cover my butt?

"I'm kidding Bella. We are going to have so much fun." Angela was practically jumping in the hallway. The bell rung and Angela rushed for biology. I, on the other hand, had math.

*************************

"Today class we have a pop quiz so get our your notebooks."

I sighed under my breath and wondered why we had a pop quiz on Friday. I wanted to be the best student I could, but teachers would be the death of me. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why they did certain things.

I got out my notebook and ripped out a sheet of clean paper. The test paper hit my desk and I immediately went to work.

I heard a knock on the class door and only locked up briefly, but I met the most gorgeous set of eyes I had ever seen.

They were amber with flicks of light gold and green. I continued searching the rest of the beautiful face that held these eyes. It didn't disappoint.

A strong jaw that led up to firm, plush pink lips. His hair fell into his face, it was golden and beautifully crafted. I felt myself feeling intoxicated by his very presences. It didn't help that his eyes met mine, and as much as I wanted to look away, I didn't.

His beauty was physically over whelming and I felt winded.

"Hello, I'm Edward Cullen." His voice ran like silk from the beautiful lips. The corners of his mouth turned up into a smile.

"Well, Mr. Cullen, you may sit by Miss Swan. We're taking a test, but since you're new-"

"May I please take the test?" His silky voice interrupted the teacher and though Mr. Rhodes seemed taken a back, he didn't say anything.

Edward took his seat next to me and having his body next to mine sent a hotness through me. I tried my hardest to focus on the paper, but he had me doing back flips inside. He even smelled beautiful.

The test paper touched his desk and the next moment I looked over, he was done. He had to be cheating and though I wasn't attracted to bad boys, the heat stayed.

"Pencils down. Now, partner up and go over your answers."

I looked up and met his eyes again. He stared at me and I thought I saw a twinkle of blunt lust.

"I'm Edward Cullen." He whispered.

"Isabella Swan, everyone calls me Bella though."

He laughed and reached for my paper. He took out a blue pen and began marking it. I looked over his shoulder. Those shoulders. Lean and muscular.

He slid the paper back over to me and I checked his markings. I had made so many stupid mistakes while drooling over the new boy. I had to get my head in the game.

"Would you like to check my paper?"

"Of course, may I borrow that pen?"

"Certainly." He chuckled and I joined in awkwardly. He stopped laughing, but I continued and that only made us laughed harder.

He smiled as I checked off all his problems as correct and handed his paper back to him.

"Where'd you transfer from?"

"Alaska."

"Is that why you're so pale?" His fiery hair was quite the contradiction to his pale face.

"That's part of the reason. You look like you've been to Alaska too."

"Phoenix."

"Arizona? How did you get so-"

"Pale. I don't know, my mom has a great tan. I guess I got it from my dad."

"Big family?"

"Nope, just little ol' me."

"I happen to think that's plenty." There was a silence between us at his flirtatious comment and a fresh, intense blush broke out on my face.

The bell rung and I nearly sprinted out of class.