Chapter 9

The both of them changed into their regular attire: but with a slight twist. Vincent and Jinjan changed out of their pilot outfits and into new outfits that were picked out by the Resistance, and they washed up.

They walked out to the landing platforms, chatting and laughing.

"I'm glad it's over." Vincent said, but Jinjan had to remind him:

"It isn't over. The First Order is still on the rise, Kylo Ren is still alive, Dathomir is still roaming the galaxy--it isn't over. Not even close."

He looked down, saddened, as he remembered the fact. But she patted his shoulder and said, "Don't worry, we'll make sure this war ends."

They turn to see Rey--with a new resistance-style outfit, contrast to her Jakku attire--walking up the Millennium Falcon, with the furry creature with her.

"I wonder where she's going."

"She's going to the planet, Ach-to, to find Luke Skywalker."

"Wait, she was the one that was sent to sniff him out?"

"Yeah. Apparently she has some sort or connection with him. I don't know."

"Well, it makes sense. You know how I felt a strong pull or the light and dark sides of the force?"

He nodded.

"She's the light."

He looked almost surprised. "I would have never guessed."

She gave a little laugh. "Yeah, I know. I only knew because I sensed it around her."

He nodded in understanding, and said, "Well, what do we do now, since Luke is our only hope?"

That question was quickly answered as they were given word to evacuate the base!

"Braisa, what's going on?" Jinjan asked in a panic.

"We just got word: the First Order is planning to bomb the base!" She replied, running to her ship.

They looked at each other: they knew what to do.

The pair ran to their ships and jump started it, just as the rest of the pilots did, making their way to their Cruiser in the sky, and landing in the ship.

"I thought we lost them, but then they find a way to come back...! Vincent sighed.

"I know, crazy right?"

They laughed and opened their canopies. "It's only time when they give us a command."

And they were right. Once they climbed out, the last or the escape pods entered the cruiser, and the base was destroyed by the First Order's drednot.

The two of them made it upstairs by the elevator, and made it to the control room. Poe was there at the map table, devising a plan with General Leia.

Then they nodded, and said, "Let's go!" The group divided.

Jinjan stopped Poe, grabbing him by the elbow, and said, "What's the plan?"

He replied, "We're gonna take down that Drednot."

With that, they saw the other pilots including the all the pilots prepare to get in their x-wings. The two did the same.

With Poe jumping into his ship, he said, "On my command, exit the cruiser and lead out the bombers."

"Copy that, Black Leader! Ready on your command." Jinjan said, flipping a few switches and buttons.

But Poe was the only one that flew out. I looked at an A-wing pilot, and asked, "Why is he the only one going out?"

She replied, "He's the one taking out the surface canons."

She nodded in understanding, sat there and waited for Poe.

But she turned back to her. "How is he going to do it?"

"He's going to...distract them in a way?"

Vincent snapped, "Either way, he's going to do it. Now, will you quit yappin?"

The two women looked at him, confused.

What's his deal?

She wanted to ask him about it, but she didn't.

The squadrons waited for about 3-5 minutes. Then, they heard Poe's voice in their helmets.

"All right, guys. Come out and cover the bombers!" he said.

Everyone started levitating from the ground and leaving the cruiser.

"All fighters leaving the hanger." Jinjan said, and led the bombers and x-wing ships out of the main hanger.