Senses

Shh. Stay quiet and listen. Can you hear it? Close your eyes, breath in deep and let it out slowly. What do you hear now? What do you smell? Do you hear the sound of the owl hooting, the rustle of the leaves on the tree as they get caressed by the wind? I know I do. Tell me, do you smell the wet earth, the grass and the faint smell of the ocean? What about how you feel? Do you feel overwhelmed or relaxed? Do you feel like sinking in to the floor and being one with the forest? Do you feel the warmth from my hands as I cup your cheek and caress it? What about the feeling of my lips brushing against yours? That strong, but gentle grip around your waist as I pull you close? Reassuring you that I would be your anchor and that I would catch you if you fall.

Now, open those lovely hazel orbs, and gaze into mine. Do you see the faint blush on my cheeks? Do you understand what I am trying to tell you in this silent whisper? You open those soft luscious lips but, I put a finger on it. I shake my head and kiss your forehead. Do you now know how to answer this soft plea? I point up at the sky, the twinkling stars look beautiful don't they? Can you hear my heart thumping loudly as I see how beautiful you look? Did you know that you had thawed my icy heart? Did you know that you were the light I saw in the darkness? The light that pulled me out of the depths? Yes, you are and always will be.

You close your eyes again, your thick lashes touching your cheeks, you lips curve upwards giving me that heart-warming smile which you had given me the first day we met. Tell me this, do you feel the cold thin metal that I put around your neck? A necklace which belonged to someone who was once dearest to me. You open those wonderful eyes again. Eyes which can never decide whether they were green or brown. You stand on your toes and give me your answer. Do you know what I am feeling as your lips touch mine? Is this tight embrace a good enough answer to what I am feeling? Tell me this one last thing, would you be sad if I left this world sooner than you thought I would? But, for now, let's enjoy this sweet silence together.

______________________________________

A/N: In this one, I tried something new. I hope you liked it! Let me know what you think about this! :D