Chapter 4

Chapter 4

       I was both not looking forward for today and excited for it. I was finally going to be able to perform at Internationals and I loved performing a whole lot. And not just because I loved dancing more than anything.

       But because I loved being the centre of attention.

       The only downside was that I was going to be competing in two rounds today; the male solo and the duet. So I was going to have double the amount of pressure on me. If I passed the male solo, I wasn't going to feel the relief of helping my team move on because I was going to the duet round right after.

       I hated all the pressure and nerves I was feeling.

       Not to mention my sadness because I hadn't seen my soulmate very since her performance.

       My life was too complicated right now and I didn't like it.

       Right now, I was backstage preparing for my solo. And by preparing, I meant trying my hardest not to throw up. Why was I feeling nervous all of a sudden? I had never experienced this feeling before and I wasn't liking it.

       It got even worse when once of the backstage crew members told me that I was up next so I had to stand near the stage. I was tempted to just get Rhys to fill in for me, but I also didn't want to do that because it wasn't often where I could actually dance in front of the whole world.

       I wouldn't pass this up for anything.

       When the dancer before me finished, they were given their score since we were matched up and the higher score would move on. As soon as his score was announced, my confidence dropped.

       A lot.

       He scored a ninety-five.

       I had to get at least a ninety-six to move on to the next round and for some reason, I didn't think I could pull it off.

       "Hey," a voice suddenly said behind me. I turned around to see Rhys standing there. 

       "What are you doing here?" I asked.

       "I wanted to wish you luck," Rhys said. "I know you said you don't get nervous, but I can tell that you are."

       I sighed. "Internationals is a bigger deal than State and Nationals. I can't help but feel nervous."

       "You'll do great," Rhys said. "And are you really going to let your confidence go down right now? Out of all times? You're so confident and arrogant at times. Don't let that change now."

       "That's easy for you to say," I said. "You don't have to do the male solo and the duet."

       "Yeah, too bad," Rhys said. "Because we might actually have a chance to moving on this round."

       I raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

       "I didn't say anything."

       "Are you implying that you're the better dance than me?"

       "What? No. No. Not at all."

       I glared at my twin brother right as I was called onto the stage. "You know what? I'm going to prove you wrong." I walked onto the stage and took my position in the centre, ready to dance my heart out and show everyone what I could do.

       I was smart enough to choose a song about heartbreak because apparently, that was all I ever experienced in my life.

       And now that I wanted to swear of relationships for ever, I just had to find my soulmate here at Internationals.