Night blindness

Jimin, all smiles and fluffy sweater, walked into the flourists shop and rested his bag on the hook inside the door, giving a satisfied sigh. Beautiful blossoms was his favorite place in the whole world, so you can imagine how he felt when they offered him a job.

     The flowers, the clientele, and his co-worker kim seokjin was a plus too. The inside of the shop was painted baby blue and white, Jimin felt right at home as he gave an easy smile to Jin behind the counter and flipped the closed sign to open.

    Jimin walked over to Jin and rested his elbows on the counter, saying his hellos. His eyes looked down just in time to see Jin push a paper bag under the counter, just out from his line of sight.
         Jimin liked to say he was a patient creature, but curiosity was always his weak point. "Whatcha got there?" He asked trying to feign nonchalance. Jin blushed, looking away and Jimin knew it was his time to strike.  He reached below the counter and swiped the bag from Jins hand, running away while opening it like a small child.Jin tried to catch him but With Jimin dodging through the flower pots and bags of dirt - Jin didnt stand a chance. 

         After ripping the paper open he stopped dead in his tracks.... a necklace? A very nice necklace indeed. Jimin turned around to see the worn out Jin behind him, given up on trying to catch the excited boy. He held out the necklace, it was a silver chain with a small blue flower charm. "JINNNNNN OOOOOOOHHHHH" Jimin nearly jumped on him trying to extract information.

              It was hours later now. After many slaps on the arm and excited squeals, Jins dream girl walked into the shop at the usual time. Jin made Jimin promise that hed stay away when she came to the shop, "Cant have you stealing all the ladies from me can I?" it was a relatively slow day and so he hid behind the hanging baskets, watching, waiting. Jimin was  pretty sure he was more nervous then Jin.

               From what Jimin could see through the flowers, the exchange went fairy well. The excruciatingly painful small talk eventually gave way to revealing a necklace, then a hug. But wait... Jin was walking over to him. What? This wasnt part of the plan?

          Jin pulled him out of the flowers, chuckling nervously. "Jessica? My manager and good friend Jimin, Jimin, Jessica." Jimin waved a quiet hello and smiled, his arm still gripped at an awkward angle by Jin. "Jessica asked me out for coffee, and I was wondering..." He looked at her bashfully "Yes I'll cover for you... but just this once!" After Jins thanks Jimin watched them walk away. Jin quickly turned back to give the biggest smile Jimin had ever seen. "Knock em dead tiger" Jimin mouthed and Jin slipped his hand into the other girls, much to Jessica's delight.

                It stayed slow after that, Jimins mind played with fantasies of how Jin would court his new lady friend and what it would feel like to have a lover of his own.

               It wasnt until 6, about closing time, a lady came in with an over the top order that took him an hour and a half to finish. She was fairly grumpy, but Jimin was quick to forgive. Not everyone could be as happy as he, some didn't have fantasies of love to keep them busy on lonely days.
            He gave her a hug on the way out, that seemed to bring a smile out of her. That was Jimins natural reflex to those who seemed less than happy, a hug can fix almost anything.

         It was dark now, Jimin sighed to himself as he flipped the open sign to closed. Fantasies weren't going to help him now, usually Jin was his walking buddy. Now Jimin had to try to find his way home in the dark... nope.
            Jimin took his phone out of his bag. Nope nope nope. The dark wasn't one of Jimins strong points. Despite being the curious boy that he was, he was a day creature and prefered to be safe in his home by the time sun set. Since he was a child he hasn't been able to see squat in the dark anyway.
             His phone beeped as he punched in the number for the nearest uber. They arrived shortly and began driving as soon as Jimin and his satchel got in.           

           Unfortunately for Jimin, they began heading in the opposite direction. To the bad side of town, past the bad side of town, out to the very outskirts with nothing but abandoned factories and endless fields. After about half an hour Jimin recovered from his *night blindness and frantically tapped the man on the shoulder.

           "Sir, Sir! Youre heading the wrong way. You need to go back  about 20 miles." The man in front turned around grumpily," 20 miles?" Jimin looked at him worriedly, he had never been able to see very well in the dark- hence why they wouldn't let him get his license. "Im not sure?" Jimin said with a worried laugh.

       The man was not amused. "Thats sure a lot of cash youll have to be forking over, are you sure you can pay for that?" Jimin looked into his wallet, he only had enough for the trip home. "No sir, Im sorry but i really need the-" the man cut him off "You need to get out." Jimin wasn't about to argue with him, the dangers out there were probably less then in here with this man.
             As soon as he got out and the car sped away, he started to second guess his decision. It was dark, at least 8:45 by now, and he was on a rode he didn't recognize with no buildings. He reached a shaking hand for his cell to call Jin and hope he picked up. But he grasped empty air, oh no... his satchel! He left it in the uber!
              Jimin went into full panic mode now. A tear dripped down his face and he just stood there for a second confused. This cant be happening he thought to himself. He took a deep breath and wiped his face. He could walk. He could get home. He could do this. He began walking, fluffy sweater and all, down the road.
              After what seemed like about an hour Jimin came across a building. It was fairly large with chipped paint, ah another abandoned, he though to himself. He had seen at least a half dozen of these on his walk. But wait, this one had its lights on. Jimin thanked his lucky stars as he walked towards the door that was left ajar.

             As he neared it, he could tell something was off. Dull thudding noises could be heard from inside, and a sick wet smacking noise to match every thud. Jimin decided to slow his pace and take a peak inside. Pulling his sweater over his hands as he did when he was nervous, he gently walked closer and peered inside.
            It was horrifying, the worst thing Jimin had ever been exposed to in his life. There was a bloodied man, you couldn't even tell his features anymore he was so disfigured. He was tied up to a wall with a mint haired man beating him within an inch of his life. Jimin gagged, adrenaline rushing through his veins. Fear at the pit on his stomach made it hard to breath and he took air in shallow breaths. He had to do something. He almost took a step forward past the rusting door whenever a voice behind him made him jump three feet out of his skin.

"What the fuck are you doing"

----------------------------------------------
*night blindness is an actual problem where you have a very hard time seeing at night, some peoples eyes can adjust over time (like jimins) but some dont. People avoid driving at night or dont drive at all due to this.

Im going to be doing the first 5 chapters back to back  just to get things going. Enjoy!