Edward Hopper - automat

Welcome to this book. Your presence here makes me happy. ^.^

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

So I had to write a story about this painting in English class. (I'm German btw so excuse bad grammar etc.)

I've got only one now but think I'll write a few more of these painting interpretation stories in the future.

So with out further ado here you got it. Enjoy!

^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^

She was sitting at her favorite café in New York.

She often came here especially when something was on her mind. And after what happened earlier that evening there was definitive something troubling her.

Taking a sip of her already low temperatured coffee she wondered what could have happened of she didn't run of so fast after the argument.
If everything could ever be normal again.

Normal what a weird word. Not  the pronunciation but more the meaning behind it.
Whatsoever. Being normal was something she definitely wasn't.

Thinking back what happened three hours ago in the fancy restaurant her Alexander took her that night.

Both were dressed in their finest clothes to celebrate their two year annual. Two years since they first kissed.

Everything seemed so perfect but she had had to tell him.
She couldn't stand to lie to him any longer.

He was always so kind, so open to her and was never tired of listening to her meaningless stories about work or Mrs. Lindsay's cat.

But that is now over. She left him. They parted for good. She clearly remembers every word spoken earlier this evening.

''Rick, I... we can't be together anymore.''

''I-i don't understand...''

''We have to break up.''

''W-why... this...''

''I'm a machine, Richard. A robot, only programmed to fulfil human needs. There can never be a real relationship between us.''

''But baby, I love you. All this doesn't matter. Please stay with me. P-please.''

''I love you too. I'm programmed to be able to love. But you have to understand I'm just an automat. My heart belongs to you and only you, but it's only gears and bolts. It isn't worthy for you. I can't demand from you to spend the rest of your life with a scrappy robot like me... Goodbye Richard.''

With this words she ran of and let him stand alone there in the night.

After that she hurried away while ignoring his shouts for her to come back. Fifteen minutes later she arrived here in this café.

Now sipping on her forth cup of coffee. It's not like she would need it to stay awake or anything, her circuits don't get influenced by things like that, but it distracts her from everything that happened.

Suddenly the door opens and she hears a voice she thought of never hearing it again, saying only one word:

''Faith.''

^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^×^

Soo did you like it?
I would be happy if you would comment on how it would be better or if there were grammar/spelling mistakes.

Do you think I should write another one?
You know a painting you would like to read a story about? please comment.

^.^  stay awesome, byee