1

One thing about me I wouldn't let a hoe control my movements- Neno Calvin

Yasmeen, Friday, Houston Texas

"What do you mean we moving." I asked my momma who was packing up some boxes. I had just came home from school and i walk in to see this bullshit.

"We need a new start baby, after your father-." I cut my mother Tasha off.

"Please don't mention him. It hurts enough." I was now about to cry. This was too much for me, i was only 16 dealing with the sudden death of my daddy and now this.

Moving. Moving to god knows where. I feel like this was a punishment. A punishment from god. First he takes my daddy away from me now he sending me somewhere probably horrible.

"Where?" I asked her as she taped one of the boxes she was fooling with.

"New Orleans." She said with a big smile on her face. Her smile dropped when she noticed the uncertain look on my face.

"What's wrong." She asked me dropping the roll of tape coming over to me.

I fought the urge to cry right now. "I heard New Orleans was unsafe and poor."

"Not all of it is poor honey"(A/N that's a fact)
"Ok so which part are we moving to?"

"The lower 9th ward" She replied. Me not having no clue what that is exactly i sucked it up and smiled.

"Ok I'll go pack."

"Thanks sweetie, change is good."

New Orleans here I come.

Nahmir, Friday, New Orleans Louisiana

(A/N i know he not from down here, but imma make it sound like he is)

I was running the streets as usual, doing what i do. The stuff i do is dangerous but i have to do it if i wanna keep the lights on and food in my lil sister stomach.

I have a momma she work but she stressed. She been in and out of doing them hard ass drugs because somebody killed my brother last year.

I'm not over it but I am you get it. She acts like it happened yesterday. But I can't judge her, I don't know what it's like to lose a child and I don't wanna find out.

I live in the lower 9, it's not the best but it's somewhere to stay. I'm a junior in highschool, on the A honor roll. Yeah I said it.

I'm real smart. The book smarts help with my street smarts. I've been hustling before my brother even died. I have way more than enough money to move me and my little sister and mom to a bigger house but I was born and raised in these trenches and that where I'm gone stay.

Right now I was going to the trap to see what this dude tryna do, he called me talking bout he had a lick for me to hit. Knowing me I agreed any money is good money.

I walked into the trap and they had bitches half naked on the couch. It smelled like ass in this bitch. This why I never really chilled with them over here. I'm too clean and organized to be over here.

I just came for business and that's it.

Going into the back I saw my boss August. He was sitting in his chair with a fur coat on and shades. I swear on baby this nigga was extra.

"Wassam man" i said making my presence known. I took a seat in the chair across from him.

"Ahhh YBN just the guy I wanted to see." He slurred.

"Nigga I know you called me here. What is you on son."

"What I'm on don't matter right now, what matters is that they still looking for who killed o dude in Texas." He said sounding a bit more serious.

A couple weeks ago I had hit a lick on some old dude in Texas. I flew out there and got his ass when he was about to open his front door.

I had got the fuck before I even saw him fall. But I know I got him. Sent one right through his scull. I never miss.

"Okay what you want me to do about?" I asked not getting why he was telling me.

"I need you to lay low for a while. I actually care about you kid" He said genuinely.

"Alright thanks man preciate it." I got up and dapped him off.

It was around 6 so I went to the corner store and bout me a cold drink. I had got myself a sprite and got my little sister nana a pineapple big shot.

My little sister nana is 14 she not little but she younger than me. She always gon be a baby in my eyes. We both got different dads all three of us.

My brother Na'shawn always treated nana like she wasn't his sister. All because she had a different daddy. We got it on a few times but that's a different story for a different day.

Na'shawn, Nahmir & Nareah.

On my way to the house they had a moving truck in the house across the street. Me being me and always being alert of my surroundings I looked at the licenses plate. Texas.

Seeing that made me remember what August said about laying low. So I turned around and went inside. But before I could make it I heard the voice of a female call me.

"Hey!" She screamed. 

!I didn't proof read!