//one//

Violette was so done with highschool even though her second semester being a senior had literally just started. An annoying headache just kept coming and going.

"You do realize there's a leaf in your hair right?"

Oh. Well it's back.

Violette turned to face the boy who had interrupted her brief blissful moment. "Caeden. It's my off period. Can you just shut up for like... 45 minutes?"

The boy simply smiled, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. "Gonna make me?"

She huffed, ignoring him. She picked up her bag and got ready to leave the abandoned classroom, considering her peace had been disturbed anyways. As she headed towards the door, Caeden stepped out to intercept.

"Move," Violette muttered.

Caeden's smile widened. "How about no? Did you already forget about your little promise to me?"

She froze upon remembering said promise. She had previously promised the boy that she would get a word in to their principal about Caeden's improving academic abilities, as she was his Pre-Calc, History, and AP French tutor. He had failed several Pre-Calc tests throughout the first semester, and also failed his AP French midterm. He had also, quite notoriously, failed United States History and Geography. The only classes he wasn't failing included his English course, college photo class, college sculpture class, his college drawing and painting class, as well as his digital music production course. He was almost entirely literature and art orientated; anything else was deemed useless to him. However, in order to graduate highschool and put his beautiful art portfolio to good use, it was required by New York State to at least pass History.

Violette looked up into Caeden's deep green gaze, eye's raking over his appearance. She took in his disheveled coffee brown hair, chiseled jawline, arching eyebrows, and full lips. She sighed for the umpteenth time.

"I told him already. Bye," she replied, not dwelling on how the meeting with the head of the school really went, as she brushed past his lanky form. She walked through the somewhat deserted halls, voicing a few greetings towards the other seniors who were wandering the halls, eventually leaving the building entirely as she thought back to her conversation with the principal.

*'*'*'*

"Good morning, sir," Violette had said.

Mr. Burns looked up from his papers. "Hello there, Miss Violette Brooks. Have a seat."

She sat down in the obnoxiously large seat in front of the principal's desk. Eyeing the large nameplate reading Ryan Burns, she explained,"I've come to talk about Caeden."

"Caeden?" he questioned, leaning forward while pushing up his round Harry-Potter-like glasses.

Violette nodded, before clarifying. "Yes, Caeden Bradley." When Burns continued to look at her as if she had multiple heads, she went on to say, "Do you not remember? Caeden Bradley, as in the student that made Pinewood High famous? The author of two best selling books? The school DJ? The genius that wrote three ballads in a week for his mom?"

Mr. Burns' eyes bulged out of his head. "We have such a student? Who is it we're talking about again?"

The tired senior rolled her eyes, before replying, "Do you know Jaxon Bradley's twin brother?"

A lightbulb seemed to go off over the old man's head, causing him to nod vigorously. "Oh... Him. Okay. Why are we talking about him though?"

Violette sat up straight in her seat. "I came to talk of his grades. He's improving a lot. His pre-calc and history grades went from low twenties to high sixties. And now, his French average is well above an eighty."