//two//

"Awhh come on baby, you know you're glad to see me. Climb in," Caeden said with a smirk.

Violette scoffed. "Glad my ass."

Caeden mocked surprise. "Wow, Princess Innocent just used a poo poo word!"

She glared at the boy, who had exited the car to open the passenger side of the vehicle for her. "Shut up, Mr I-Dont-Know-What-The-Pyramids-Are."

He clasped his hand over his heart, his face overdramatically pained, before replying in a fake raspy voice, "Wouldn't that make you Mrs. I-Don't-Know-What-The-Pyramids-Are? I mean... I am your future hubby!" He slammed the door as she sat down in the seat.

Violette flushed a deep red, turning away from him as he rounded the car to climb into the driver's seat. "Caeden I'm gonna kick your ass to Hong Kong if you don't shut up right now." She sat shotgun, despite her previous words of annoyance at the boy.

"Now, princess, that ain't the right way to speak to your knight in shining armor. I just came to pick you up and drive you back to school! Stop complaining, before I leave you a 26 minute walk away from Pinewood," the boy said as he started the engine.

Scrunching her face in disgust, Violette folded her arms neatly over her chest before averting her eyes towards the windows. She heard Caeden click his tongue before beginning to drive towards the school.

Time didn't seem to be on her side, as it was now 1:53 pm, and the pair still had a long ways to go before their highschool came anywhere into view. Her fingers clenched and unclenched. 

I cannot be late now! I have a record to keep. I haven't been late my entire four years in highschool, I literally cannot start being late ohmygod hurry the hell up...

Upon seeing his so called princess in distress, Caeden sped up a bit, taking a shortcut. Now, the rather large school came into view, with two minutes left until the next bell rang. Violette visibly panicked.

"Caeden ohmygod I'm going to cry if I don't make it to class in time and it's gonna be your fault, because just so you know, my class is on the second floor of the south wing," she breathed out as her knuckles turned white.

Smiling, the boy replied, "But sweetheart, who was it that walked her ass out of school simply to avoid talking to her future hubby?

Violette didn't answer, and instead opted to grab the door handle, ready to jump out as soon as Caeden stopped the car. He pulled to a stop in front of the doors, and the girl immediately exited the car, not even saying her usual curt 'thank you', and simply slamming the door and picking up the pace, hair swishing as she pushed violently at the school doors.

Sighing, Caeden pulled away to find a proper parking place. He vaguely heard a bell in the background. He glanced at the time, before smiling.

He had forgotten to tell Violette about a small, tiny detail.

The clock in his car was ahead by six minutes.

*'*'*'*

Violette had never run so fast in her entire 17 years of existence. She didn't even have the time to stop and check her phone. The hallways were so eerily deserted, barely a soul wandering about. It scared her, really.

She had never, ever been late.

Usually, she was on time, early even. She always rushed to class, but the hallways were always filled to the brim with people. Now, she was alone and so tired from running.

She also happened to be cramping, actually. They were huge, painful, and stupid leg cramps. Why, lactic acid? Why?

As she rounded the corner, the bell rang, and Violette's head whipped up at the large red bell, vibrating from the aftershock. She felt betrayed. Confused, and betrayed by a bell.