Clown Man

An awkward silence fell in the room, enveloping you and Killua. You were staring at him intently as you saw his face go red. Your face was also a small shade of red as you realised what had just passed through the room. Looking away, you smiled to yourself.

The pain in your stomach suddenly rushed through you, and you groaned. You wanted to shout; it was so unbearable. But you had to show Killua you could bear it in front of him. Somehow, it seemed appropriate.

You heard the door open and you instantly turned your head; your hand had begun to clutch your stomach tightly. When will the pain killers take affect?

Leorio, Kurapika and Gon were standing in the doorway. Kurapika’s arm was bandaged and Gon’s bruises and cuts were healing – they had plasters on them.

You had to chuckle slightly at their appearance. They were kind of funny-looking. Gon smiled brightly and walked over, “You OK, ___?”

“Yeah...Just small pains...” You muttered, trying not to giggle at him. He looked like a complete idiot.

“At least you’re OK. We thought you would have been worse...but you seem alright,” Kurapika smiled his charming smile at you, and you smiled back. He was sort of charming, after all.

“I didn’t hit anything too important. I was sure of that,” Killua muttered, “Besides, I avoided injuring you two too much.”

“I suppose so!” Gon chimed. For some reason he seemed really happy. I wonder what he’s so happy about...

“Anyway, you should rest, ___. Even though you look alright now it was a serious injury,” Leorio said, his voice seemed more serious than usual.

“I’m fine, really.” You argued.

“You say that now, but later-“

“Rest,” Killua looked at you with a piercing glare that made you shiver a little.

“Alright...” Feeling defeat, you slowly lay down. You heard everyone leave the room as you stared at the ceiling. Your (h/c) hair fell into place, and you were too lazy to fix it. Closing your eyes, you decided it would be best to try and sleep instead of staring at a boring cream ceiling.

===============================================================================

Something bothered you when you eventually opened your eyes. It was dark, the pain in your stomach had gone and yet no-one was around. You looked around the room, seeing that the window was wide open and a chilling breeze coiled around you. You shivered.

“Well...what have we got here?~” A chilling voice swept around the room, breaking the chilling silence.

You turned your head around to see who was there, but you saw no-one. “Who’s there?” You almost shouted the question.

“Oh...so you don’t know about it? Shame...I was going to tease you.” The voice sounded like a soft but mental person was speaking; someone who seemed insane.

“T-tease me...?” You gulped, not liking the sound of whoever was talking.

“Why, of course. You are an unripe fruit that needs some help along the way...” The voice was starting to bug you know.

“Show yourself!” You growled.

“Alright...~” A tall man in some hysterical clothing walked out from the window. He had bright red hair that lashed out at the air and a star and a tear painted underneath his eyes. Your instincts were right, he did look sort of mad.

Who the hell is he? The boys didn’t tell me about him... You thought as you saw his shining golden eyes. His eye colour...hm...I like it.

“I am Hisoka. I’ve been following you...All of you. They left to buy some things that they’d thought you’d need...But is that really what they should have done?”

Your eyes widened slightly. He didn’t seem like a lunatic now. He seemed more like...a murderer. You shuffled backwards in the bed, knowing that you wouldn’t achieve anything. He stepped over to you and lifted your chin up in his hands. He had long nails that dug into your skin.

You hissed slightly as he put a card to your neck. It was a black joker card, and for some reason the card was as sharp as hell. It felt like the card could pierce into your skin at any moment. Hisoka’s eyes glistened slightly, as if he was thoroughly enjoying every second of this.

“What are you doing...?” You managed to mutter.

“Just...seeing you...” He smirked, moving his card away. “You’re no threat...good.”

“What...?” You tilted your head a little as he backed away, smirking.

“Don’t worry...I’ll catch up with you soon, my strawberry...~” Hisoka smirked and in an instant he was gone. You blinked, wondering if that had just happened.

The door swung open and you saw Killua standing there, looking at you. “When did you wake up?”

“Just there,” You smiled at him.

“Oh, that’s good.”

Killua walked over to you and pet your head. You laughed a little, admiring him slightly. He was sweet. Very sweet.

He suddenly mumbled something under his breath which made you tilt your head. You pulled him closer, “What?”

He pulled back, blushing and looking away, “Nothing.”

Was it really just nothing?  You sighed. Maybe it was just nothing, like Killua had said, but you couldn’t keep your mind off of what it could be.

“We’re about to eat...I’m just waiting for the rest to get here.”

“What? You’re eating up here?”

“Of course! We’re not gonna leave you alone!” Killua smirked slightly and you giggled.

A sudden raging storm clashed as Gon, Kurapika and Leorio rushed up the stairs.

“GON! SLOW DOWN!” Kurapika shouted.

“NOOO!” Gon shouted, running in the room and falling over.

You and Killua looked at each other and then started to burst out laughing, “What the hell Gon?” You asked, just suddenly tearing up from laughter.

“Ah, sorry. I tripped up the stairs!” He laughed, standing up, a mark on his face. You laughed some more while Killua rubbed his forehead.

“Idiot,” He muttered.

Kurapika and Leorio came in, setting up chairs and putting the food down on your bed. Kurapika handed you your food and everyone else theirs.

You all sat for ages talking, even when you had finished eating. You kept talking to them; interested in the conversations going around.

“So, we’ll be leaving tomorrow for the auction?” Kurapika said, sitting back in his chair.

“Yeah, if ___ is up for it,” Leorio remarked.

“I’m sure I will be,” You smiled.

“Yeah!” Gon chimed.

Killua looked uncertain, “Killua, what’s wrong?” You tilted your head at him.

“Oh, it’s nothing...” He smiled a fake smile at you.

You frowned, but thought nothing of it. You knew it was a fake smile; but you couldn’t mention it in front of him. You also decided it was best to not say a word about Hisoka. He was just far too creepy to bring up.

“Oh, and ___...” Kurapika looked at you, “We’re going to help you with...a little thing. So you can be stronger,” He smiled.

“A...thing?” You tilted your head.

“Yeah. We’ll tell you in the morning!” Gon smiled.

“Alright...”

And so the night ended, making you wonder what they were on about as you eventually fell asleep that night, awaiting the morning.