Chapter 16

Calum examined the girl closer, seeing her hazel eyes made him smile. He had always liked hazel eyes. She had dark brown hair. It was long. Calum smiled at her, and she smiled back, and thrn one by one, all of her journals fell to the floor. 

Calum rushed over and helped her pick them up. She looked up and smiled.

"I'm Calum, would you like to sit with me?" 

"I'm Juliette, and I'd love to sit with you," She said.

**

By the time that Calum got a text from one of the boys, asking where he was, it had been five hours spent talking to Juliette.  

"Hey, I have to go. Maybe you can come to my show tomorrow?" Calum asked.

"I'd love to! But I'm broke, so.."

"Don't worry. Just call me when you get to the entrance,"

"Thank you so much Calum, bye!" She said and they parted their ways.

**

 Back at home, things were crazy. Halia wouldn't come out of her room, telling Luke that she thought Michael and Calum would be disappointed in her. Luke told her that they loved her and weren't going to be disappointed. 

"Halia, just please come out, or at least let me in!" Luke pleaded. 

"No luck, huh?" Ashton said from beind Luke, scaring him. 

"Jesus christ Ashton," Luke said.

"Can I try to get her to come out?" Ashton said quietly. 

Luke sighed, "Yeah. I'm gonna go hang out with Michael anyway," he said and walked away. 

Ashton sat on the ground next to the door. He leaned on it and whispered, "Halia? It's me, Ashton," 

On the other side of the door, Halia was sitting right next to Ashton with a three inch thick piece of wood separating them. 

"What do you want Ashton?"

"I just want to talk,"

"Well then talk," Halia said, impudently. 

Ashton sighed, "Do you feel anything for me?"

Halia's breath hitched, she knew she had been falling for Ashton. She knew that his bright hazel eyes and his beautiful smile were going to be the death of her.

One small word escaped her mouth, "Yes,"

Ashton smiled to himself.

"That's why I don't want to come out. I know that I'm falling for you, and I can't do anything about it. I know we've only known each other for a week, but this feeling.... It's taking over me. The worst part about it is, I know you don't feel the same,"

Ashton's smile faltered, he had to tell her.

"Halia, just let me in. Please?" begged Ashton.

He heard her get up, and slowly the door opened. The state she was in made his heart swell. Baggy clothes, messy hair, glassy eyes, and puffy red cheeks. She was still beautiful. She would always be beautiful to Ashton.

"Hi Ashton," Halia mumbled. 

Ashton didn't need to say anything. He walked forward quickly, wrapping his arms around her shoulders. Without a second to do anything further, Halia flung her arms around Ashton and returned his loving embrace. 

"I never meant to hurt you," Ashton whispered, stroking her hair. 

She pulled away from him, a serious look on her face, "Ash, we can't do this. We've only actually known each other for a week, and I'm going back to America in a week,"

"You don't have to go back to America, you can live with us! You're gonna be 18 on a month! Please don't say you're gonna leave me,"

"Ashton..." she paused, "I would never leave you. Not on purpose. I just, I need time,"

Ashton sighed, "I get that you need time. Just please, consider staying in Australia,"

Halia looked down, "I will Ash,"

She began to close the door, and Ashton stopped it with his foot, "Halia? Can I have one more kiss?" Ashton asked desperately. 

She grabbed his face in her hand and connected their lips for a second, then she disappeared behind a closed door. 

**

Meanwhile, Luke and Michael were sitting by the pool, just loving each others presence. 

"Do you know how much I love you, Luke?" Michael asked.

Luke paused, he knew, but he didn't know.

"I think I know, I just, don't know," he said. 

"Well, I love you a lot. It's un-explainable. The feeling I get when you smile or we kiss, or even just a simple touch from you. It's amazing," Michael said. 

Luke looked at his boyfriend and smiled, "I love you so much you dork,"

Michael kissed Luke on the forehead. 

"Do you think you're getting better? With your eating and stuff?" questioned Michael. 

"I've been eating a little more. I've gained about three pounds, so that's good. The other day, I threw up some soup that I ate, but it wasn't on purpose," 

Michael smiled, "That's good Lukey, that's really good. I'm so proud of you," 

Luke sighed, "Thanks Mikey," he paused, "I'm really worried about Halia," he said, ready to tell Michael what happened. 

"I found her yesterday. She cut again. I cleaned her up and asked her why she did it again, and she said that the kiss with Ashton made flash backs of her past relationship come back and hit her like a bus. I know I've only known her for a week, but I just feel so protective over her, like I need to protect her no matter what happens to me. I just care about her so much. So, god damn much," Luke teared up.

Michael wrapped his arms around Luke, "Hey, hey. It's okay. You don't need to cry, please don't cry. It's completely normal to feel so protective over her, I mean, she's your twin. It's a natural instinct to want to protect her,"

"I know, but at the same time I know that I won't be able to protect her from every little thing in the world," said Luke.

"You're talking about boys, Ashton to be more specific. What are you going to do about him? Are you going to tell him to stay away from her?" Michael asked. 

"I told him to fix her," Luke said.

"And that's exactly what I'm going to do," Ashton said. 

**

Okay that was a shit ending but here's another chapter. 

Thanks for 15,000 reads! You guys are amazing. I love you. 

HEY! WE SHOULD GET 1000 VOTES BEFORE JULY 4TH. DO YOU THINK WE CAN DO IT?

 Question of the update: What do you guys plan to do for the summer? (It might not be summer for some people, sorry :/)

I'm abandoning the comment goal thing but please still vote and comment c:

Don't forget to follow my Wattpad too! And give me feedback! Love you guys! Byeeeeee !

Stay strong xx