Introduction.

Audrey.

She held onto my face and looked into my eyes. "Audrey, listen to me" her voice cracked. "We're in a lot of trouble, okay? Mom is in a lot of trouble. And I have to help her" I heard a crash downstairs, followed by our mother's scream.

It made us both jump. My sister looked back at me. Tears were falling down her cheeks. "I need you to hide. Can you do that for me?" she asked. "What's wrong with mommy?"

"Trina!" mommy yelled. "Just hide, Audrey. And don't come out until I come back" she kissed my forehead and ran downstairs. I ran to our attic and hid in the closet that was up there.

And I stayed as quiet as I possibly could. Then, I closed my eyes and rocked myself back and forth. I've never been so scared. I tried to slow my breathing so I wouldn't be so loud. But, I couldn't.

Then, I heard a noise. Like the door of the attic was being opened. And instantly, I stopped. I heard footsteps. Heavy footsteps. I bit my lip and brought my knees closer to my chest, staring down the doors of the closet.

My eyes felt like they were bulging out of my head. Then, I saw the door crack open.

No. Please.

I talked to myself. It opened wider. The hand I saw didn't look like my sister's hand. It was big and hairy and the nails were short.

I shut my eyes tightly. Then, I heard the door bulge open. I felt myself shaking. "Audrey?" it was a light voice. A familiar voice. I slowly looked up from my knees.

"Trina?" I looked at her hands again. And they didn't look like how they did at first. I must've been so scared, I imagined it. "Come on, we have to go" she picked me up and ran down the steps. Then, she grabbed a big suitcase on our way out of the door.

She ran to her car and unlocked the doors. "Where's mommy?" I asked. She put me down. "Just get in the car, Audrey" she said. She took the suitcase and put it in the trunk. And I ran to the passenger seat and buckled myself in.

She got in as well and we drove off. It was raining, so I knew it was hard for her to see where she was going.

"Trina? Don't you think you're driving too fast?" I looked over at her. "Shutup, Audrey!"

"But-"

"I said shut it!" she looked at me. Then, we she looked back up, she gasped and swerved and we flipped. I felt myself getting sick. My head started to hurt really bad. Then, all of a sudden, I hit my head and ... I blacked out.

I heard slight beeping. I slowly fluttered my eyes open.

Where Am I?

I was in a room. There were small little couches next to the bed I was in. And there were little cords attached to my arms and chest.

I must be in a hospital. Ew. Hospitals are disgusting.

I saw the door open. And a lady came in. She looked familiar. She smiled. "Hi, Audrey. Do you remember me?" she asked. "You look .. familiar" I said.

"I'm your mom's best friend. Mrs. Cathy"

I remembered that name. "Are you the lady that always brought us those Oreo cupcakes?" I asked. She laughed. "Yes. Yes I am"

"I uh .. I'm gonna be taking you home with me. Your mother... is in a lot of pain. And so is your sister. And neither of them are healthy enough to take care of you. They're gonna be here for a few months" she said.

"Are they dead?"

"No no no, they're very much alive. They're just hurting .. really badly"

"Ok" my voice cracked. I felt my eyes watering. "Oh, baby .. " she sat on the edge of my bed and moved one of my curls behind my ear. "Everything is gonna be alright. Okay? Trust me. I just know it"

I sniffed and nodded. She held out her arms. I just looked at her. "Come onnn" she said, smiling. I smiled too and accepted her hug. "Thank you" I said.

"No, problem, sweetheart"