XI

A/N: Right so I found the picture above and oh my goodness it had me in stitches! Anyone else?

And a surprise for you when you get to Will's POV. For those of you who read my other fanfic 'Cursed'...well...all I can say is brace yourself ;)

Enjoy!

********************************************************************************************

-*-*-*-*- Jem -*-*-*-*-

"Hold him down!" Magnus shouted at Jem, trying to pin down Will's thrashing body on the living room table.

"I'm trying!" Jem yelled back, grabbing Will's arms and gripping them tightly. He saw that blood was leaking through the bandages around his wrists again. The gash on in his head had also reopened, the blood trickling down his face.

"What's happening to him!?" Jem cried.

"The demon in his head is fighting against my magic," Magnus muttered, placing his hands against Will's temples. Jem's heart skipped a beat, his blood running cold.

"A demon?" He said slowly. "In his head?"

"Yes, I established that," Magnus said. "Keep him still!" Jem tightened his grip on his parabatai, pinning down his shoulders. Magnus murmured a few words and Will went still, his chest moving up and down rapidly. Both Magnus and Jem released Will, backing away.

"You have to tell me everything," Jem said to the warlock. "You have to tell me everything right now." Magnus looked at Jem and ran a hand through his glittery hair.

"I had a suspicion when Will first explained his memory loss to me," Magnus said slowly. "But I dismissed it. I didn't think it was possible. It was such an old technique."

"What technique?" Jem demanded.

"Before the accords, some faeries would kidnap Shadowhunters and remove a few memories just for a joke," Magnus explained. "It wasn't anything too serious, nothing that the Clave couldn't handle. But then a warlock called Arthur Bates got involved." He hesitated, taking a breath.

"Bates had never really liked Shadowhunters. When he heard of what the faeries were doing, he jumped on the idea, developing it."

"How did he develop it?" Jem asked.

"By wiping a Shadowhunter's entire memory," Magnus said. "He created a demon of his own, a qui furabatur memoriae demon."

Jem took a sharp intake of breath. He remembered studying that particular demon a few years ago. They were rare; one would appear once every century, but when they did appear, they caused a lot of damage.

"The qui furabatur memoriae can invade a person's mind. Their thoughts, their dreams, their memories are all under it's control. Will's memories are being oppressed by the demon."
Jem swallowed hard, looking at Will worriedly.

"So you're telling me that this warlock, Bates, put a demon in my parabatai's head?" He asked. "Is it Bates that we're looking for?"

"Bates was killed years ago," Magnus said, shaking his head. "But it seems that his technique of torturing Shadowhunter's hasn't. So yes, there is a demon in Will's head."