Calm After the Storm

Eve felt Scorpius slump against her. She had never been more terrified in her life. She had been convinced that her sister was going to kill Delphi. But when James spoke her name, it had been instant calm. Like someone had been released from possession. She turned round and the expression that had once been unrecognizable was now smooth and afraid.
"What have I done?" She whispered. Her twins scared tone broke her heart. Lusa fell to her knees and enveloped the boy next to her in a hug. "I'm sorry" she whispered.

"I'm sorry too" James said as he hugged Lusa back. Lusa was afraid. Afraid of herself. Anger had taken over her body. No, something else. But she didn't know what. Lusa stood up and approached her little brother and twin sister. She pulled them both into a silent but powerful hug. "How long do we have left" Lusa asked. Rosie shakily checked her watch. "30 minutes"
Lusa nodded at Conor and The Duncan Twins to tie Delphi up. Lusa and Rosie lifted up James and Eve put her arm around both of the 1st year Slytherins' waists and pulled them tight. "Now we wait" she said.

They all fell out into the Gryffindor Common Room. Lusa instantly grabbed Conor and he helped her get James to the Med bay. Every one followed.
"Scorp?"
Scorpius turned around to see his twin sister Thia. He grinned and ran to her and hugged her tight. Lusa smiled and lugged James off to sick bay. Conor and the others made their way to the headmistress' office with an unconscious Delphi.
"What do we have here?" Mcgonnagal asked studying the limp Delphi.
"Voldemort's other daughter." Rosie replied.
"What?" The Professor exclaimed.
"It's a long story" Conor explained. "All that we know is she's dangerous."
Professor Mcgonnagal nodded. "She'll be locked up in Azkaban. I promise you"
The group nodded gratefully.
"50 points each" she stated. They all grinned at each other.
"Cheers professor" Alana grinned. The headmistress smiled. "It's what you all deserve"

"Oh you're awake" Albus grinned at his brother.
"Hey" James grinned. "You okay?"
Albus laughed. "Am I okay? I should be asking you"
James soon joined in on the laughter.
Albus looked down and fiddled with his hands. "Look, about what I said"
James took his brother's hand. "I get it. It's okay. I don't blame you."
Albus nodded. "Thanks James"
James smiled. "Don't you have lessons to be at, potter?"
Albus rolled his eyes playfully and bounced off of his brother's hospital bed. He was glad to have his brother back. He made a promise to himself that day to cherish every moment with his brother.

"James?"
James' head shot up to hear that musical voice. Lusa Malfoy. He grinned at her as she smiled shyly and sat down on the edge of his bed.
"How are you?" She asked. James smiled. "Better"
Lusa bit her lip. James found it adorable.
"I'm sorry about the beach- I just lost control and I don't even know what happened-"
James took her hand. "It's okay." He reassured. "I don't see you any differently"
Lusa's shoulders relaxed. "Good"
James gave her hand a squeeze. "What's happening with Delphi?"
Lusa licked her lips. "She's being put in Azkaban for life"
James nodded. "That's good"
Lusa nodded in return. "Yeah"
Both at loss for words, Lusa gave his hand a quick, gentle squeeze. "You should get some rest"
Reluctantly James let go of her hand.
"See ya" he waved with his good arm. Lusa smiled at him before disappearing out the room. James sighed. What a year this had been. He could only imagine what 3rd year would bring.