Chapter 11

He sits down next to me, the other side of me, where Maya doesn't sit. "Well..we were, but I guess my mom really wanted to see me perform so.." He shrugs, modestly.

"Ooh, is that poem-song thing you wrote the other day?" I ask him, excited.

He nods, smiling," Do you wanna hear some of it?"

"Well," I give me a look, reminding him of what he said about me being the first one to hear it," You did promise so..I guess."

He chuckles, as I hand him my guitar from my nearby stand.

He starts strumming and playing Does It Feel Like Falling. (A/N: u guys saw that coming;)

"That's really, really good," I tell him, as he bows and sets the guitar on the edge of the bay window.

"Why, thank you," he says, modestly. "So anyways..this window seems like a special place.."

"Yeah," I start, as Maya comes crawling through the window, sitting next to me.

"It's a very special place," Maya and I chorus, as Alex nods in understanding.

"I can tell," he adds,"but, BEST FRIEND, did you hear my little sneak peek?" He calls Maya his best friend to annoy her.

She rolls her eyes, developing a smirk," Yeah, your song sounded like it was about..love. Perhaps, about a new crush..?"

He giggles," I mean..there is this one girl," he shrugs, looking off to space, dreamily. He snaps back into reality, looking at Maya and me.

"Anyways, I better catch up with Henry," Maya chimes in,"see you there, sis..and BEST FRIEND."

Alex nods with a smile, looking back at me," Now what about that collab?" (A/N: their collab is up above;)

"Sure," I nod.

--AFTER COLLAB--

"Didn't think you were gonna do another acoustic cover," I chuckle, as he shrugs.

"It's nice to bring back old things," he smiles.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED..

*Maya's POV*

"Lovebirds are in progress," I tell Henry, as he smiles.

"Why do I sense a collab?" He smirks, as I nod.

*Alex's POV*

"I heard singing up there..a collab, I'm assuming," Mom chimes in, as we put our plates away.

I nod, as Sara and I exchange smiles.

"Well," Mrs. Wilson chimes in," I'll drive you two the dance, if you want..?"

Sara shakes her head," Mom. We can drive.."

"Okay, fine.." Mrs. Wilson agrees, as Mom smiles.

"So you wanna go right now?" I ask Sara, as we start walking to the door, she nods.

--A FEW MINS LATER--

"Wait, you were actually serious about performing your song..at the dance?" Sara asks, surprised, as we walk in, with me carrying my guitar.

"You're so funny, Sari," I smile at her, as she blushes," I never kid about a gig.."

"I knew that," she chuckles, as our eyes meet.

Looks like Will and Di are on a roll..and Maya and Henry too.

"Hey," I greet Will and Di, as Sara does the same.