Love?

Upon hearing those words I couldn't help the blush that spread across my face.

He bows at a 90 degree angle then holds out his hand.

I take it and he leads me to a bedroom.

"This will be your room for the time being. I hope you enjoy it. The nice thing about being dead, I guess, is that you don't need food or water."

I walk over to the bed and lay down. "It's so soft. Where is your room?" I ask curiously.

"Right next door." He replies with a stoic look.

I frown and pull him over to me by his hand.

"What are you doing?" He asks as he falls onto the bed.

I laugh lightly and sit him up. I move the corners of his lips upward. "Now that's better. You look cuter with a smile."

Decim blushes looking down. "Thank you I guess."

"Well if I'm gonna be here for a while I want to see you being happy."

"Then I will do my best to make you happy by making myself look happy."

I laugh lightly and nod. "It's a deal." I hold out my hand but he just looks at it.

"What am I supposed to do with your hand?" He asks and I shake my head.

I take his hand and shake it. "You shake hands to confirm a deal." I explain.

He nods in understanding.

I kiss his cheek and lay down.

He blushes more than before. "I should go. I may have another customer soon."

"Could I watch? Maybe I could help you." I ask sitting up quickly, then clutching his hands tightly.

He looks at our hands then into my eyes. "I don't see why not."

I stand up quickly then drag him out back to the bar.

He laughs slightly causing my heart to beat hard against my ribs.

The elevator dings and a middle aged man walks out, looking like a hobo.

I bite my tongue with one eye closed.

Decim laughs at my expression but once the man gets closer he goes back to a stoic look.

I frown and sit at the bar.

The other elevator opens and young girl walks out.

My heart breaks seeing her.

She's so young to have died.

Decim looks at me then back at the two.

As the events of their judgement play out I couldn't believe what information was revealed.

The man was hit by a car on his way to his volunteer job and killed on impact.

The girl killed herself because her parents had another daughter.

I couldn't believe how selfish the girl was, and at such a young age. I felt guilty for judging the man based on his ragged appearance.

Decim and I make eye contact but I quickly advert my eyes.

The girl ran at Decim and cut his face with her nails.

I gasp quietly but Decim raises his hand.

Strings grab the girl and drag her to the elevator.

The man slowly follows and goes into the other elevator.

The girl kicks and screams as the doors close.