Death's Desire

I am dying. The metallic stench of blood, the sound of bones snapping in agony like nails on a chalkboard, and the mixed smell of burning rubber and fuel from the runaway 4 ton Ford F-450 that just crushed my body. I feel strangely calm, swimming through an endless abyss of nothingness. I'm floating away, I wan't  to float way, but the man named Aaron is coaxing me back. I echo back a weak sigh to the pestering "Gayrelia, Gayrelia Jacobson, come back" as I begin to swim for shore. 

My eyes open quite abruptly to see the handsome man hovering above me. His words are jarbled through my blood soaked ears, but his hand gestures seem to be offering me something. He leans down and can hear him clearly now, he is telling me to wright the 3 things I most desire with my last dying breath. 

It seems normal in my deathly state that this strange man named Aaron, I don' exactly know how I know his name exactly, offering me my dreams come true. 

I stop somewhere mid-list as he names the bargain price. 

In my mind I know that I am dying anyways, if he requests my dying breath, then let him request.

He gives a slight nod, as you would someone in a school hall, at me as he reads the list I have handed him. 

1. Roadtrip across the country.

And I'm in my dream car, the sun against my back and..Aaron next to me chuckling and smirking about to my loud music taste... like we've known each other for ages.

I'm somewhere in California, but recall lucid memories of driving cross country. 

Sometime near dusk he requests we pull over and we set camp in a peaceful field of flowers. 

2. Meet the love of my life.

We're sitting at the edge of my Toyota FJ Cruiser and looking into each others eyes when he places his hand gently around my chin, stroking it, and pulls ever so delicately in for a deep, sensual kiss. My hands wander to his hair and neckline, my somehow perfectly manicured nails tracing his skin. 

When we pull away he whispers "I love you". 

And I respond, giggling, "I love you too."

Then we're kissing again.

4. Travel the world

We're laying inside a perfectly warmed sherpa sleeping bag, our hands interlocked, and faces seemingly a millimeter away from each other, when he whispers into my tingling ear, "let's travel the world..." I look at him with deer-caught-in-headlights eyes, excited. "Now?" I ask. "Now," he chuckles.

Then the scene switches and we're on a plane, Aaron holding my hand again, and for some reason telling me it's going to be okay. 

The scenery of the world swirls around me, pleasantly, unbounded by the airplane window. 

We are going faster now, Aaron and I are kissing, faster, the people have disappeared, faster and faster...

and then all is stark white.

The last thing I feel is the sound of my last dying breath being sucked out of me.