ii.

Olivia woke up to a very rainy night. Her clock read 10:00. She was about to go to sleep when she heard yells from downstairs.

"You're always going on business trips! Do you even care about us? Do you even care about me?!" her mother screamed.

"God, do you have to do this every fucking time?! You know my job requires me to go around the country so shut the hell up and let me pack!" her father argued back.

Olivia sighed. The screams just kept getting louder until she couldn't take it. She slipped on her hoodie and snuck out the window, stepping on the roof and making her way to the ground. She dangled from the roof until her feet felt the wooden banister on the porch. Jumping down, she started towards Richie's house.

Richie's window was luckily on ground level. She knocked on his window but there was no reply. She knocked again, louder, but yet again nobody come.

"God, fuckin' idiot," Olivia muttered as she quietly opened the window and crawled inside. Looking around, she didn't see him anywhere. She did, though, hear the shower going and decided to wait till he came out.

After a few minutes, the shower turned off and Richie stepped out of the bathroom in nothing but a bath towel to see Olivia on his bed reading some of his comics. She looked up.

In a wave of shock, he screamed and dropped the towel. Olivia's eyes widened as she shouted, "HOLY SHIT!"

Richie scrambled for his towel and yelled, "DON'T LOOK!" She rolled her eyes and turned away. "What the fuck are you doing in my room?!"

"I don't know, what the fuck are you doing showering at 10 o'clock with a dick the size of a half-eaten Slim Jim?"

Richie glared at her as he shoved on his T-shirt and pyjama pants. "For real, what the hell is going on?" He went and laid down beside her on the bed. She hesitated.

"My parents were fighting again..." she sighed.

"About what? Who gets to come first?"

"Beep beep, Richie." Olivia sighed and looked out the window at the stars, trying to find constellations but not really knowing the names of any of them. She realised how quiet it was and spoke up. "My dad, he's uh... he's going on another business trip and my mom freaked."

All Richie could think to respond with was, "Oh." He wasn't exactly the right person to go to when you needed comforting, or at least for most people. He mostly just made innappropriate jokes at innappropriate times.

But, that's what Olivia secretly liked about him. Although she had become accustomed to scolding him for his bad habit, she did kind of like it when he was able to make light of a situation. His jokes were, as well, pretty funny but she wasn't about to admit that.

They both laid on his bed for a while, staring at the ceiling. Olivia was contemplating getting up and going back to her house. Her mom would be seething with anger if she wasn't at home in the morning. But as the minutes passed, Olivia's eyelids felt heavier and heavier. She figured Richie was asleep judging by how quiet he was. So, Olivia slowly closed her eyes, drifting to sleep.

That is until she was woken back up a split-second later by Richie saying, "So is this the part when we fuck or..." Olivia sat up and smacked a pillow over his face.