Him

(Okay hey new people! This book gets better after a few chapters so don't hate me. Also that's the dress that Rose is wearing)

"Rose!" My mother screams for me. "Hurry up we're leaving in ten minutes!"

"Okay one second!!" I yell back as I finish putting on my heels.

"Come down when you're r-oh Rose you look so beautiful!" My mom starts yelling as I walk down the stairs but stops with her mouth wide open when she sees me.

"Thank you momma" I laugh at her reaction.

"Awe look at my little girl." My dad fake cries as he walks towards us.

"Dad Stop it, I'm sure I'm not going to meet my mate today." I laugh and hug him tightly.

[Hi My name is Rose Walker and I am a werewolf (obviously). Anyways, I am 20 and I have yet to find my mate. A mate is like a soulmate but wolfs call them our mates. What are mates you ask? Well, when a wolf turns 18, they are able to find their mate through a link. There are many ways we can find them but some common ways people find their mate  could be from their scent, or from skin contact, or even from hearing their voice. But it's been two years and I'm kind of getting tired of searching. So, my mom and dad told me that they're taking me to the annual moon ball to see if I can find my mate there. The Blue Moon pack is hosting it this year because they will be introducing the new Alpha King and they thought it was a good way to introduce him to everyone. Now let me explain what the alpha king is, Each pack has their own Alphas and Betas, but a long time ago our kind had made an alpha king that rules over all of the packs just in case the packs start another big war like they did years ago. I read once that other types of beings like vampires and witches got involved in the battle because some packs had made alliances with them for more support. After the battle was done, they made one Alpha the Alpha King and his mate the Luna Queen. Because of how important this ceremony is, the Alphas and Betas of each pack are required to attend the moon ball because it's tradition. But anyone else from other packs can come if they want too but it's not required. My dad is the Beta of our pack, the White Creek Pack. He's the coolest person when he's not taking care of duties that is...My mother is also a hard worker, she's the most badass person you could ever meet, she's the best mother too.
Alright back to reality]

"Well you never know sweetie. He or she could come at any given time." My mother giggles as she puts a hand on my back and pushes me towards the door.

"And you already know that the new king will be announced today." She wiggles her eyebrows at me.

"Yes mom you've told me a billion times already!" I roll my eyes as I open the door and go to the car, my mom and dad following behind me.

*FORTY MINUTES OF DRIVING LATER*

"Mom I can't feel my butt!" I whine as I adjust in my seat.

"Not my fault the seats are uncomfortable." She says while looking both ways before crossing an intersection.

"Rose we're almost there so calm yourself." My dad sighs while adjusting in his seat.

A couple minutes later we pull up to a huge mansion that looks like it could house 20,000 people in it. I stare at the castle sized building in awe as my dad helps me out of the car.

We walk up to the guarded entrance of the mansion and someone asks of our name, rank and pack.

We enter the building and I'm in total shock to see everything inside is so beautiful. Things around the mansion are either encrusted in gold or some type of rare substances.

"Wow" I say as I look around taking it all in at once.

"I know right!" My mom squeals and shake me.