A Blast In The Past

Jazmine's past. Enjoy.

The 16 year old mulatto smiled cheerfully, humming sweet songs to herself. Until her world came crashing down, the sound of glass being shattered echoed throughout the house. She hesitantly crept to investigate, only to find her parents. Angrier than ever before.

"Thomas, I cannot do this any longer!" Sarah shouted, throwing another picture down to the ground.

"Honey, please think about this. Jazmine's upstairs probably still sleeping!"

"I don't care. I cannot continue this toxic relationship anymore Thomas. I'm leaving you!"

"No! You can't leave me, think of our BABY."

"She'll be fine living with her daddy. She's all you ever care about." Sarah said bitterly.

"I have no choice BUT to love her. She's our daughter! How is she gonna look on mother's day hm? Knowing her mother didn't even want to stay around to watch her grow any longer!"

"I've helped raise her for 16 years Thomas, 16 years! She's had me, but the only thing that got in the way of our mother and daughter bond was you."

"Sarah she loves you! I love you! We need you, please don't leave me. I'll die without you." Tom pleaded, holding onto his wife's soft delicate hand as his heart sunk into the floor.

Sarah's face softened as she leaned forward to kiss his cheek. "Tom..please don't say that..because I don't love you anymore." She then snatched her hand away, glaring coldly at him. "Keep my things, I don't want them."

Before she could step towards the door, Tom whispered. "What about our little girl?"

"She'll be-"

"Mom." Jazmine said, coming down the stairs with teary streaks under her eyes. "You're leaving?"

"I don't need either of you." Was all Sarah said, exiting the household and leaving her family behind.

Jazmine clenched her chest, in pain.

"Jazmine honey-"

Before Tom could comfort his mourning daughter, she sprinted up the stairs and to her bedroom. Looking out the window, hoping to see her mother standing in the same spot. Not moving. But she was gone, and never coming back. She heard footsteps from Tom, so she slammed her door shut and locked it. Leaping onto her bed and sobbing on the silky white sheets.
🌸
4 days later.

Jazmine finally exited her room, sneaking out of the house and toward's the Freeman's. When she knocked on the door, she was surprised to be greeted by Riley. "I-is Hue-"

"He's gone Jaz." The then, 14 year old Riley said. Pain stabbing in all sides.

"G-gone?" Jazmine sobbed, hugging Riley tightly.

"Aye listen. I'll be here for you." He said, rubbing his back

"M-my mom left a few mornings ago," Jazmine wept. "She's never coming back. She doesn't need me. Or my father. I'm useless." Jazmine sobbed harder.

And who knew, she'd lose her father too.

"Hey, Jazzy. I'll always be there fo' you." Riley said, pulling her close enough to feel his heartbeat. The two souls, mourning together.
🌸
short but sad.